F Viggo Björck - IFK Täby HC J18, J18 Region (2026 Draft)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Overall very skilled. Hockey sense stands out. Exceptional playmaker. Also good speed, soft hands. Looks to be the top Swedish forward born -08 along with Elton Hermansson.. at this very early stage.

Father was 6'2, big brother is 6'0... so yeah, let's hope he grows a few inches.

Goal from this weekend

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

17 points at TV Pucken seems good, small but could grow? Anyone seen him?
I saw him today.

He's great. Best player on ice against Småland. Viggo, love that name as well.

He will probably grow etc, but he reminded of different players like Aho, Datsyuk and others. Point is, he seemed smart and had the skill to match. Also unafraid when creating chances. Could see him become a great playmaker in the future if he continues to develop and grow.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Great hockey sense and competitiveness. Sees the ice very well. Solid skater but there’s no explosiveness in his legs, not a good sign for a small player, hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He's young and could be growing a whole lot. Like someone mentioned, he will probably do just that.
Hockey sense could and should be more important in the long run. (Stockholm Nord number 13)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
2 goals in the final. Best player with ease, especially impressive because he's not that big yet and seems to rely more on IQ and skill.
Best player in the final and the whole tournament.

Södermanland impressed me.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
2 goals in the final. Best player with ease, especially impressive because he's not that big yet and seems to rely more on IQ and skill.
Best player in the final and the whole tournament.

Södermanland impressed me.
A finn watching tv-pucken!?

Reactions: Svedu

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I really enjoy watching Bjorck play. He is such a smart player who gets his shots off quick and with precision. He is an elite talent in his age group and you’re going to see this kid get talked about more and more as we get closer to the 2026 NHL draft. Here is like 40 seconds of him scoring this year, you can see he loves shooting on the left halfwall, and is extremely accurate when doing so. If he gets below the hash marks and has a clean look, he’s going to make you pay.

He is #18 in the clips below.

Funny thing about it is he is an even more potent as a distributor of the puck. As you can see with the clips below, he is very good at spotting open teammates and laying them a dime of a pass. He is very good at making his opposition think he is going to shoot, only to zip a pass cross ice to a teammate for a better look. He is also an excellent skater and is so dangerous in transition because of his top-end speed. Such a good talent and one I had to post an update on here because of how exited I am for him going forward!

Here is around 30 seconds of Björck just laying dimes:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I really enjoy watching Bjorck play. He is such a smart player who gets his shots off quick and with precision. He is an elite talent in his age group and you’re going to see this kid get talked about more and more as we get closer to the 2026 NHL draft. Here is like 40 seconds of him scoring this year, you can see he loves shooting on the left halfwall, and is extremely accurate when doing so. If he gets below the hash marks and has a clean look, he’s going to make you pay.

He is #18 in the clips below.

Funny thing about it is he is an even more potent as a distributor of the puck. As you can see with the clips below, he is very good at spotting open teammates and laying them a dime of a pass. He is very good at making his opposition think he is going to shoot, only to zip a pass cross ice to a teammate for a better look. He is also an excellent skater and is so dangerous in transition because of his top-end speed. Such a good talent and one I had to post an update on here because of how exited I am for him going forward!

Here is around 30 seconds of Björck just laying dimes:

You have to be like the best poster in the prospect section. Thanks for the update and clips.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I heard that he will follow in his brother's footsteps and go to Djurgarden. Does anyone know if it's "official"?

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
You probably watched Ihs Wozniak. Björck is (still) small
I’m talking about whoever #16 was, perhaps my initial post was in the wrong thread? 16 was clearly that lines best player in this game, also looked like the biggest of the 3, comparable to #11 at least, made #14 look small, great on the draw too!

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Scored 40 points in 19 games this fall and doing well for the U17 NT. Seems ridiculous to me that he’s going to play in a worse league after Christmas. Could he perhaps end up playing for Djurgården now already?

Reactions: JotAlan

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
How does he compare to players like Raymond, Lysell, and Rosen at the same age?

Purely statistically, this screenshot provides a decent overview. Top PPG season's by U16 players in the Swedish U18 league. Keep in mind that the last couple of games for Björck have been vs lesser opponents, since his team failed to advance to the top spring series (J18 Nationell).

But, I would say that he is on par with Raymond and Holtz at the same age. Dominated in a similar way and got to play one year up with the national team. Holtz had the advantage that he was way more mature. Almost built like a man at that age, while Raymond and Björck (and Lysell) were of smaller stature. They were/are completely different type of players and Björck is much more complete than those two were at that age

screenshot 2024-02-08 kl. 18.30.40.png

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad