F Trevor Cox - Medicine Hat, WHL (2013 undrafted) -Cyclone Taylor's greatgrandson

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes he is

Has anyone seen him play?

Seen him play a few times. Good playmaker. Plays the point on the PP, seems to do a lot of damage there. He's really short though which will probably scare most teams off. He should get a look though. I think his teammate Cole Sanford is a better pro prospect though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yes he is

Has anyone seen him play?

I've seen him play a number of times. He has good hands, and good vision as a playmaker. He's pretty agile and shifty as well. He looks fast, but it always seems like smaller guys look faster, so I'm not sure if I would count his speed as a big asset or not. :laugh:

He's a little feisty as well, even though he's small he doesn't seem to mind getting in people's faces. He shows a lot of heart. He is one of those guys who may never make the NHL, but if he doesn't, he'll be a star in the AHL or overseas. If he was 4 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier, he would likely have been drafted last year, he has the skill, the frame is the only real concern.

As a Red Deer Rebels fan, when he's on the ice, I'm always worried that the Tigers are going to put one in.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'm sure with Tyler Johnson's success fresh in people's minds, that he'll be a target for some team on draft day.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
I've seen him play a number of times. He has good hands, and good vision as a playmaker. He's pretty agile and shifty as well. He looks fast, but it always seems like smaller guys look faster, so I'm not sure if I would count his speed as a big asset or not. :laugh:

He's a little feisty as well, even though he's small he doesn't seem to mind getting in people's faces. He shows a lot of heart. He is one of those guys who may never make the NHL, but if he doesn't, he'll be a star in the AHL or overseas. If he was 4 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier, he would likely have been drafted last year, he has the skill, the frame is the only real concern.

As a Red Deer Rebels fan, when he's on the ice, I'm always worried that the Tigers are going to put one in.

Isn't marty St Louis 5'9?

Never say never if u got talent

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Personally I don't see a draftable player in Cox, regardless of his point totals this year.

Size is a major turnoff and isn't nearly as dynamic as skater as he would need to be to make up for that lack of size. I really like his hands, he's very smart, a good playmaker, too. But to me I just don't see many of his traits being potentially NHL-calibre.

Even just looking back to last year, I liked Curtis Valk far more than I like Cox this year and they are similar players.

I'm sure he will earn a camp invite but I would be shocked if a team rolled the dice on him in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad