F Trevor Connelly - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Very skilled, fast skating forward. Really good at making plays with the puck and pushing opposing defences back with his speed. Very good in transition because of his speed and puck skills combination. Offensively talent forward that can make things happen on the ice with, or without the puck.

NCAA Rights: Providence College

USHL Rights: Tri-City Storm
USHL Futures Draft: Tri-City Storm Tender (R1, 2022, 15th/30th overall)

WHL Rights: Spokane Chiefs
WHL US Prospect Draft: Spokane Chiefs (R1, 2021, #16 Overall)

Long Island Gulls -> Tri-City Storm

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
1664450096996.png

Reactions: Frk It

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seems to be playing well in the USHL as a 16-year-old after putting up big numbers in youth hockey in California.

But where was he playing before playing for Tri-City this year?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Seems to be playing well in the USHL as a 16-year-old after putting up big numbers in youth hockey in California.

But where was he playing before playing for Tri-City this year?
Not sure what you’re asking. His EliteProspects page has all his previous teams. Is anything unclear there?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've been trying to familiarize myself more with Canuck prospect Daimon Gardner and watching a bunch of Tri City Storm video, and wow does this player stand out.

Currently on a 15-game point streak (11-14-25) and his skating/skills/motor are super impressive and he's over 6 feet at age 16 so size won't be an issue. Certainly a guy who's tracking to be a 1st round pick in 2024.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's one of the names to know from the USHL for the 2024 draft. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the first non-NTDP guy selected next year. He's worse than Swanson, but it helps being 6'0 as opposed to 5'7. He definitely has upside. If he reaches it, TBD.

Should be a big part of the USA's Hlinka team this summer.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

Winger with very good stick skills and skating. He can dangle around players, and his skating is a big part of why. He also has about average size at 6’0. His passing, shooting, and sense isn’t as high-end as his stick skills and skating. It’s not a weakness, but he has flashy puck skills and skating with some offense as opposed to big offense and some puck skills and skating. Likely a mid round pick or better next season. Would not be surprised if he went off and had a big draft year because there are tools to work with there, so it’ll depend if he gets better or not between now and the 2024 draft.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
High End forward, originally from California. Committed to Providence College. Just named to the USA team for the upcoming Hlinka Tournament. Scouting report on him from that try-out camp -

Trevor Connelly (LW, L, 6’1″, 156, Tri City Storm, 02/28/2006) – Connelly is the most talented US forward not on NTDP coming off a highly touted rookie season in the USHL with Tri-City notching 24 goals and 23 assists in 57 games. He scored 5 goals and added 4 assists in just 6 games here and could have easily doubled that as he created more scoring chances both for himself and for his teammates than anyone in the camp. A poised imaginative dynamic playmaker with natural offensive instincts. He has quick and swift hands 1v1 explosive speed with the puck but doesn’t just rely on his pure skill; he can slow the game down exploit the seams and disrupt gaps by changing speed cutting back or skating to open ice. Connelly is a heads up player – reads the goalie positioning and shoots to score which is actually a rare trait at this age especially with his poise around the slot area to outwait the goalie and get them moving to open up holes. He’s also one of the few prospects here who can access all of his offensive tools at top speed; he can pull off his toughest moves without slowing down and he can stop quick off the rush – create space for himself and thread passes through tight windows to set up his teammates. He worked give and go’s all over the ice because his mind is working as fast as his feet he reads the play instantly and knows where to go with the puck and where to go without the puck. A step ahead of the rest of the pack here many of his points were highlight reel plays but his most impressive assist was a crisp backdoor pass for an easy tap in goal because he had the wherewithal to look past the defender and concentrate on the goalie and got him to commit and then immediately snapped a pass to the backdoor and the goalie didn’t have a chance. He scored several impressive goals showing off his quick release and ability to change the angle as well as a series of deke moves but his best was off the rush where he cut in behind the defender showing his speed and edge control cut across the net deked the goalie – waited the extra second for him to go down and lifted a backhand just under the bar where he had little to no room. The most talented player in the camp made the most plays of anyone likely had the most puck possession time and made defenders look foolish often with his puck handling deception and speed.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
It didn't go in (hit the post), but here is an example of using the Michigan as a legit scoring move. Goalie is out of position after the save and twisting your hands around is the quickest way to take advantage of that.

1690907457786.gif

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Does McCagg think he's breaking a story? Or just trying to grift on attention Connelly's getting at the Hlinka even though McCagg has nothing to report (yet). What a weird way to approach something that's been discussed before including on HF.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Does McCagg think he's breaking a story? Or just trying to grift on attention Connelly's getting at the Hlinka even though McCagg has nothing to report (yet). What a weird way to approach something that's been discussed before including on HF.
Yeah this was already known. Unless there's new info idk what else would be added. I did know a bit of the allegations but I'm gonna wait and see.

McCagg also says there's more. I don't know too much, but I have been told about "jokes" being made. No idea exactly what happened.

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Yeah this was already known. Unless there's new info idk what else would be added. I did know a bit of the allegations but I'm gonna wait and see.

Yeah, if there is something knew to report, by all means. Not that I expect McCagg to be the one to know anything new. Based on these tweets, it looks like McCagg just learned about it and wants to use it to generate attention for...himself.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

McCagg also says there's more. I don't know too much, but I have been told about "jokes" being made. No idea exactly what happened.

What a loser McCagg is.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That incident is horrible and he should rightfully be shamed for it.

Hopefully he's learned from it and it was just a dumb, insensitive teenager moment and things have been put into better perspective for him.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad