F Tom Leppä - Jokerit U20, U20 SM-sarja (2023 Draft)

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Strong twoway center that holds his own defensivily. Couple years ago in U16SM looked like could be top Finnish center for this age group but since then Kumpulainen took over. Leppä is good player but not good enough despite decent production his offensive upside isn't great. He doesnt have elite speed nor any special hands and moves. He does have good nose for the net though. Does great job killing penalties positioning himself on ice and good in faceoffs. Borderline late 6th-7th round pick to not getting drafted. I liken him to last years Otto Hokkanen who wasn't drafted either.

Reactions: Jukurit and Frk It

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
He's headed to play in the USHL with the Fargo Force next year and committed to Penn State for 2024/25 (source: EP).

I didn't get around to watching Leppa in the SM-sarja, just limited to the u18 and Hlinka, but he looks like a really solid C prospect, strong on the puck and solid offensive skills. He reminded me of Juuso Parssinen at the same age. Parssinen obviously has gone through a lot of growth since then, but I like where Leppa is at now.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
He's headed to play in the USHL with the Fargo Force next year and committed to Penn State for 2024/25 (source: EP).

I didn't get around to watching Leppa in the SM-sarja, just limited to the u18 and Hlinka, but he looks like a really solid C prospect, strong on the puck and solid offensive skills. He reminded me of Juuso Parssinen at the same age. Parssinen obviously has gone through a lot of growth since then, but I like where Leppa is at now.
I don't understand what you see in him. I think Leppä has very little skill, average speed and average size. I don't think he even gets drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad