F Tij Iginla - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2024 NHL Draft)

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
He's a good skater and has some puck skills, but I don't really see a high level prospect right now. He'll be a pick. Probably a mid round guy, as of now.

Fair analyses always respect your takes. I've seen a few of his games this season, and would say to me, he looks like a first round talent to me, but granted I'm only comparing him to the big name 2024 drafts I've seen in the chl and this is a fair bit of projection given where we are in 2022-23. Keep in mind he's a later 2006. There is a lot of upside here with this player much to do with his skating, and I think you're underselling his puckskills a bit by saying some. Big issue for him right now, and I don't even mind it given his age is just ice time. Seattle's stacked. This time next year this kids going to be flying.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He has skill, unfortunately he is pretty buried on that stacked line. Hoping next year will be his coming out, Seattle will have LOTS of holes.
Yup...he is a huge part of their future and this season he will get to see a crap load of NHL drafted and signed teammates to learn from. Sure he won't be able to contribute as much as I'm sure he hopes he could but he will be heavily relied on next season

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The fact Seattle didn’t move this kid let’s you know how they feel about him going forward.
They aren't allowed to trade him, signed 15+16 year olds can't get moved.

As for next year Seattle is still going to be really good and will probably move the remaining picks/prospects they have to make another run. Iginla's draft+1 year is when the rebuild will start

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This allows both Joe and Tij to stay at home for one more year, since his brother, Joe will play for Kelowna in The CSSHL u18 league before playing his rookie season for Edmonton in 2024-25.

Seattle Recoups some much needed draft capitol.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Kinda strange to see them trade away Tij.

I kinda figured he would build around Iginla Sawchyn Mynio Ratzlaff etc etc .... But I don't question Bil LaForge's decisions.

He's a extremely good GM and there is obviously a reason why he did this

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

I kinda figured he would build around Iginla Sawchyn Mynio Ratzlaff etc etc .... But I don't question Bil LaForge's decisions.

Agreed, I would have liked to see what he would have done with consistent top 6 minutes.

He will however, have an ample opportunity in Kelowna as they seriously lacked secondary scoring.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Realistically they need some draft picks back. Look for them to trade Korchinski once it’s clear he’s going back to Juniors.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Agreed, I would have liked to see what he would have done with consistent top 6 minutes.

He will however, have an ample opportunity in Kelowna as they seriously lacked secondary scoring.
the price is too high. He's as expensive as Colton Dach.
It was a risky move for Kelowna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad