F Petrus Palmu - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2017, 181st, VAN)

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Palmu will be an interesting player to watch next season as he left Finland to play in the OHL. As a player he has all the talent in the world but he is an absolute midget, right now he is smaller than Nathan Gerbe (5'4, 141lbs). Despite his size, he has destroyed every league that he has played in.

He finished Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament with 8 points in 4 games, leading Finland in scoring.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=112892

I hope you guys who follow OHL keep your eyes on Palmu and give us updates during the season. :handclap:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Palmu will be an interesting player to watch next season as he left Finland to play in the OHL. As a player he has all the talent in the world but he is an absolute midget, right now he is smaller than Nathan Gerbe (5'4, 141lbs). Despite his size, he has destroyed every league that he has played in.

He finished Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament with 8 points in 4 games, leading Finland in scoring.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=112892

I hope you guys who follow OHL keep your eyes on Palmu and give us updates during the season. :handclap:

Guy has montreal all over him!

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He is actually 167cm/77kg now. Still tiny but bigger than Gerbe at least.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Nice. I like it.

Owen Sound is definitely a team in need of some talent.

Especially after this year's draft where their top two picks are leaning toward or already committed to the NCAA.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Palmu is a skilled little player. Really quick through gaps with elite hockey sense. I'll be interested to see how he does in North American Junior.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Awesome name at least. And a golden shrimp. Two great reasons to follow the guy. Thanks.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
This kid is a joy to watch. Plays like a guy who doesn't give a **** he's nearly half of a foot smaller than his opponents trying to kill him. And not in a cocky, or overcompensating way either.

He just goes where he wants, makes the plays he wants. He handles traffic really well and can shield the puck with the best of them, with whatever he's got on his small frame fending off.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
He's well on his way to becoming a fan favourite in Owen Sound. Doesn't fit the mould of a typical Attack player in stature but his work ethic should have him fit really nicely here. He blocked a shot in the home opener, which is always a great way to introduce yourself to the fans.

Hope he has 50-60 points and gets himself majorly on the draft radar.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Palmu is best goal-scorer at the moment in OHL.
Hopefully he stays healthy Finland will need him in world juniors hopefully he's in the team.

Best goal scorer at the moment maybe on this very day, but Adam Mascherin, despite only having 7 goals thus far (16 assists) is a better goal scorer than him. Debrincat I would say is better than Palmu in that regard as well.

Regardless, I hope this guy succeeds and makes it to the NHL.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He seems like a smart, quick, crafty player. Definitely a bit of zucarrelo in his game.

That said, he's got a lot of work to do on his skating. He's got great agility, quickness, and strength / balance, but he lacks a gear or two at top speed to be effective at the NHL level IMO. The good news is that its relatively easy to go from slow at top speed to average at top speed. The bad news is that it seems very difficult to go from average to fast, and average at his size might not be enough. Teemu Pulkinnen is a great example, and he was a much better shooter than Palmu could ever hope to be.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Palmu's been an absolute beast at both ends of the ice this season. So much fun to watch and a true fan favourite in the Sound. Guy has almost everything you'd want in a hockey player.

It would be so easy to get excited about him, but he's 5'7... Maybe a team takes a flyer on him, but the odds are stacked against him and this is coming from a huge fan of his.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Palmu's been an absolute beast at both ends of the ice this season. So much fun to watch and a true fan favourite in the Sound. Guy has almost everything you'd want in a hockey player.

It would be so easy to get excited about him, but he's 5'7... Maybe a team takes a flyer on him, but the odds are stacked against him and this is coming from a huge fan of his.

Still his chances of making it to the NHL someday are higher now than they would have been 10 or 15 years ago since there has been quite a few good smaller players in the NHL. Good hockey career seems likely at least.. KHL etc.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Still his chances of making it to the NHL someday are higher now than they would have been 10 or 15 years ago since there has been quite a few good smaller players in the NHL. Good hockey career seems likely at least.. KHL etc.
Which is why it was a good choice for him to go play in the OHL, I doubt he would've developed like this playing Junior-A/Mestis.

Maybe he might even stay one more year as an overager? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad