Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
More info on Lardis for you:

Brock is the man when it comes to OHL coverage

Thanks for posting here!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not sure about the second fastest, but he has an elite first step and great fluid movements.
Yeah he's definitely not second fastest in the draft.

For CHL top prospect testing, he didn't place in the top 5 for fastest skating. (although he had the best testing overall)

Reactions: Auggie

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yeah he's definitely not second fastest in the draft.

For CHL top prospect testing, he didn't place in the top 5 for fastest skating. (although he had the best testing overall)

Looking at those numbers reassures my opinion from the other thread that the Hawks were likely targeting MacKinnon in the 3rd round.

kaneisgoat99

Jul 4, 2023
I dont think people understand what a great value pick this is. Second half with branford speaks for itself, If the season started in January, he is the best draft eligible player coming out of the OHL, maybe behind Barlow, but with a much higher upside. CHL top prospects game, crushed testing and moved up the roster to secure a point in the final minute of the game. NHL combine, once again crushed testing. Kid is a machine on and off the ice.

What I think really held him back was U18s and its a shame because I don't think enough people are talking about how poorly managed hockey Canada is. As a somewhat distant relative of Cale Makar, I have had the pleasure of witnessing this first hand at world juniors. Time and time again, Hockey Canada gets away with shitty management and U18s was no different.

People say players like Andrew Cristall and Nick Lardis had a poor performance at U18s but If you take the time to look into why, theres more to the story. Lardis led the team in shots, and points in the pre-tournement. Proceeds to get a hatrick against germany in the second game of the tournement. At this point, including pretournement, Nick Lardis leads in points, and shots. Seems like a player that could be utilized well for team Canada, but from here on, Lardis would go on to get the least amount of ice time for all Canadian forwards, pretty much playing as their 13th forward the whole tournament.

Its sucks to see this time and time again with Hockey Canada, picking and choosing favourites based off status or who knows what. Same thing happened to Cale but look how he turned out! In my (biased) opinion, the Hockey Canada treatment at WJC didn’t let teams with picks 1-3 get a good enough look at Cale and is quite possibly what held teams back on players like Lardis.

All I can say is that Chicago is in for a massive treat with Nick Lardis, who is easily my biggest sleeper of the 23’ draft class.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I dont think people understand what a great value pick this is. Second half with branford speaks for itself, If the season started in January, he is the best draft eligible player coming out of the OHL, maybe behind Barlow, but with a much higher upside. CHL top prospects game, crushed testing and moved up the roster to secure a point in the final minute of the game. NHL combine, once again crushed testing. Kid is a machine on and off the ice.

What I think really held him back was U18s and its a shame because I don't think enough people are talking about how poorly managed hockey Canada is. As a somewhat distant relative of Cale Makar, I have had the pleasure of witnessing this first hand at world juniors. Time and time again, Hockey Canada gets away with shitty management and U18s was no different.

People say players like Andrew Cristall and Nick Lardis had a poor performance at U18s but If you take the time to look into why, theres more to the story. Lardis led the team in shots, and points in the pre-tournement. Proceeds to get a hatrick against germany in the second game of the tournement. At this point, including pretournement, Nick Lardis leads in points, and shots. Seems like a player that could be utilized well for team Canada, but from here on, Lardis would go on to get the least amount of ice time for all Canadian forwards, pretty much playing as their 13th forward the whole tournament.

Its sucks to see this time and time again with Hockey Canada, picking and choosing favourites based off status or who knows what. Same thing happened to Cale but look how he turned out! In my (biased) opinion, the Hockey Canada treatment at WJC didn’t let teams with picks 1-3 get a good enough look at Cale and is quite possibly what held teams back on players like Lardis.

All I can say is that Chicago is in for a massive treat with Nick Lardis, who is easily my biggest sleeper of the 23’ draft class.
Well, Team Canada’s questionable management seems like it may benefit the Hawks pretty well so I’ll take it.

Thanks for the info.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Lardis- watching hilites-- A speed/ A skating/ A Shot/release / A hands in tight

Size is smallish--frame also appears smallish- so doubt he has Body type to Bulk up much
Don't know much on his IQ
Don't know much on his D side ( hope he has a good stick like kane or IQ like Tuevo

Looks like he would be PERFECT player to skate w/ Bedard or Riechel PLUS a true Power forward w/ some Skill--- and you have a freaking monster line for the next several years. Any power forward like a Saad/Brouwer/Buff/ even a Bickell might due.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Somehow 3/4 of our OHL prospects are on terrible teams right now (Lardis, Misiak, Hayes). Lardis is still managing to put pucks in the net but doesn't have an assist yet, which is likely attributable to his team being tied for 2nd lowest goals in the league (the lowest would be Gavin Hayes team, who also doesn't have an assist). These aren't cream of the crop prospects so I'm not particularly concerned they aren't leading their first lines to greater heights on their backs if the support is just bad, but it'd be nice to see these guys moved to better teams at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad