F Nathan Villeneuve - Navan Grads, CCHL (2024 Draft)

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Power forward (the new age kind) with a great shot. He plays a physical style with skill. I read where someone (an eastern Ontario bantam scout) compared him to Mason McTavish, but a little more dynamic and he's a better skater.

There's a good compilation (with iso) of Villeneuve's play last year on this video clip. Bonus: Tragically Hip's Blow at High Dough is the soundtrack. No techno-garble crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t love his skating, but good offensive player. Can shoot, pass, gets into good scoring positions. Maybe he could reach first round if he improved his skating, but my thinking is more likely a round 2-3 player.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Don’t love his skating, but good offensive player. Can shoot, pass, gets into good scoring positions. Maybe he could reach first round if he improved his skating, but my thinking is more likely a round 2-3 player.
What don't you like about his skating? In OHL draft scouting reports, his skating was touted as one of the strengths of his game, an assessment that I agree with having watched quite a bit of video on him in midget during the two years before he was drafted.

I'm curious, have you watched him a fair bit before this tourney? If this is your first look at him and you don't like his skating, it makes me wonder if he has some kind of injury that his hampering his skating.

Last edited:
Reactions: GermanSpitfire

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What don't you like about his skating? In OHL draft scouting reports, his skating was touted as one of the strengths of his game, an assessment that I agree with having watched quite a bit of video on him in midget during the two years before he was drafted.

I'm curious, have you watched him a fair bit before this tourney? If this is your first look at him and you don't like his skating, it makes me wonder if he has some kind of injury that his hampering his skating.
Big agreement with you, watching him play for the Wolves this year, he's one of the best skaters on the team.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
he was one of the best skaters for the OHL draft and is an amazing skater in the OHL....not sure what your watching out there?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Just giving my take from what I saw. Maybe he’s a good skater.

Had never seen him play before this tournament. Could be a good skater, for all I know, but I saw him play for the first time between Red and Black and he looked a little sluggish. No burst in his skating. Couldn’t pull away from players. Those players who don’t actively use their skating as an asset in a junior game usually end up having skating problems.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just speculating, but Barrie Colts defender Kashawn Aitcheson had to be held out of 2 recent games. Not injury related, and not related to his on ice play. It is believed he was held out for his safety.

In the comments someone said something about a bounty. Would be wild, if true.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
In the comments someone said something about a bounty. Would be wild, if true.
Just speculation, of course - but, if that’s the case; the suspended players may have put a bounty on Aitcheson’s head internally, the chats got leaked, Aitcheson had to be held out of Barrie’s next 2 games against Sudbury because of it for his own safety, and we’re seeing him and Konyen reprimanded now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just speculation, of course - but, if that’s the case; the suspended players may have put a bounty on Aitcheson’s head internally, the chats got leaked, Aitcheson had to be held out of Barrie’s next 2 games against Sudbury because of it for his own safety, and we’re seeing him and Konyen reprimanded now.
That might be what it was.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Read something last night that Villeneuve put a bounty out in the Wolves group chat, in which Konyen replied to in some sense. Not sure if entirely true, but it matches the reports that have come out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad