F Nathan Lecompte - Châteauguay Grenadiers (QMAAA) - Draft QMJHL 2023 - Draft NHL 2025

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Zachary Morin was announced as the best player born in 2007 from Quebec for 3 years.

The exceptional status was a possibility.

However, it seems that this QMAAA start to the season reveals another player: Nathan Lecompte. 10 points in 7 games. Either a better ppg production than Joe Veleno (52 points in 41 games).

It's hard to compare his career with Alexis Lafrenière, I think he's less impressive but it's still quite astonishing.

Very amused to see how the performances of Lecompte and Morin will evolve and how they will be perceived for the QMJHL 2023 draft.

I don't think it will achieve exceptional status. The Veleno case does not argue in favor of such a decision.

Nevertheless, he leads the statistical table ahead of all players born in 2006.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Zachary Morin was announced as the best player born in 2007 from Quebec for 3 years.

The exceptional status was a possibility.

However, it seems that this QMAAA start to the season reveals another player: Nathan Lecompte. 10 points in 7 games. Either a better ppg production than Joe Veleno (52 points in 41 games).

It's hard to compare his career with Alexis Lafrenière, I think he's less impressive but it's still quite astonishing.

Very amused to see how the performances of Lecompte and Morin will evolve and how they will be perceived for the QMJHL 2023 draft.

I don't think it will achieve exceptional status. The Veleno case does not argue in favor of such a decision.

Nevertheless, he leads the statistical table ahead of all players born in 2006.

Doing well against kids much older , has he grown at all?

Also it would be appreciated if you change the thread title to fit the format of all propects. Just his NHL draft year , not for the Q

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Doing well against kids much older , has he grown at all?

Also it would be appreciated if you change the thread title to fit the format of all propects. Just his NHL draft year , not for the Q

Think his father is 6'4 or 6'5 so while he still looks 5'8 or 5'9 he should grow quite a bit.

Reactions: wings5

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Think his father is 6'4 or 6'5 so while he still looks 5'8 or 5'9 he should grow quite a bit.

Yes his dad is quite tall and a coach which helps. You see small hyped Q prospects like Lecompte and hope they end up better than Parent, Simoneau who both also had crazy hype. They're not bad players but it would be great to see Lecompte become a great NHL prospect . Hopefully he does grow some more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad