F Michael Spacek - Red Deer Rebels, WHL (2015, 108th, WPG)

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Note: im 95% sure he's in this draft, but if im wrong please do change.

I searched him up here and he didn't have his own thread

His birth year is 1997 so he's either next year or two years time.

Seems to have put up decent numbers, anything else to note?

Last edited:

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Note: im 95% sure he's in this draft, but if im wrong please do change.

I searched him up here and he didn't have his own thread

His birth year is 1997 so he's either nest year or two years time.

Seems to have put up decent numbers, anything else to note?

Very interesting 2015 prospect, smart and skilled.

Babula

May 31, 2012
1st-2nd round potential?

if size isn't an issue, he seems to have enough skills for 2-3 round in stacked 2015 nhl draft imho.

Spacek (number 18) scores first one :

Last edited:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
We'll see where he ends up in a year with his size, but aside from those initial concerns, he's a level headed guy who isn't super flashy but very efficient, capable with good decision making. He's the type of center whose stability and sense lets his more creative wingers do what they do.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Scored his first goal in Extraliga yeasterday. 1+1 in 4 matches so far..

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Any idea if he comes over to Canada next season? or stays in the Czech Republic?
I guess the NHL team that drafts him will probably have some say..

Has a contract with Pardubice for next season. Seems likely to stay as he is a regular player there.

jetkarma*

Spacek was taken 47th overall by Red Deer in today's CHL Import Draft:

He indicated at the draft when being interviewed that his plan was to play in the CHL this year . That's a plus for the player and the Jets .

Very good draft pick with quite a lot of upside. Red Deer is hosting the Memorial Cup , so with that and the WJC , he should have some top level tournament games this year , and a long season .

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
This is a great pick by the Jets just a smart skilled hockey player, his hockey sense will really shine next year. Processing the game comes easy to him and he just always seems to make good, smart plays even if he's not the highest octane player. His skill is subtle but the more you watch the more you will appreciate little plays he makes all over the ice. I thought he was worthy of an early 2nd round grade. Jets fans are gonna be real happy a year from now. He's in the right places at the right times. If he comes over I have no doubt he will be a major player on that MC team. Spacek and Bleackley down the middle... Could think of a lot worse.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Liked his game at training camp and development camp in the summer. I had a feeling he would have a real good year in the WHL this season.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Another two points. Seems to be a stud. Incredible drafting by jets or lack of by other teams. Wasn't this guy slated to go 3
Third round or late second. #7 European or something like that

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad