F Maxim Cajkovic (2019, 89th, TBL; traded to MIN; traded to PIT)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Cajkovic was a man possessed tonight, had 2 goals and 2 assists as saint johns won 5-1. He’s been very very good since the start of the new season. 7 pts in his last 3 games. He has such an ability to influence the game when he is playing at top ability

Reactions: stastny12

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Cajkovic was a man possessed tonight, had 2 goals and 2 assists as saint johns won 5-1. He’s been very very good since the start of the new season. 7 pts in his last 3 games. He has such an ability to influence the game when he is playing at top ability

He seems to be turning it around but keep in mind all 7 of those points came against the Bathurst and Shawinigan. Those are currently the two worst teams in the league

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He seems to be turning it around but keep in mind all 7 of those points came against the Bathurst and Shawinigan. Those are currently the two worst teams in the league
Yeah that is true. But if you look he is heavily involved in his teams scoring. There is Multiple games against better teams where they lose 10-2, 7-3, 5-1. But he is almost always either assisting or scoring those goals by saint johns. It’s hard to produce against best teams when your team is at the bottom. Let’s just see how the second half of the season goes. It’s clear he drives the play for saint johns. Brady Burns is also quite impressive

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Hopefully Cajkovic can make it to PPG. If he can do that on St.John, I think he should be a first rounder. Unlikely, but we'll see how he does against better teams

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He’s scoring at a good pace in the last couple of weeks/ last month. Problem is the defense of sea dogs is utter trash with no players capable of driving plays forward And he doesn’t really have a point producing centre who could set him up on the wings

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He’s scoring at a good pace in the last couple of weeks/ last month. Problem is the defense of sea dogs is utter trash with no players capable of driving plays forward And he doesn’t really have a point producing centre who could set him up on the wings

Next year should be better. Hopefully they draft a good young forward like Josh Roy and get a talented Euro. Saint John seem destined to finish second last but who knows if Roy would report to a team like Acadie-Bathurst.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Next year should be better. Hopefully they draft a good young forward like Josh Roy and get a talented Euro. Saint John seem destined to finish second last but who knows if Roy would report to a team like Acadie-Bathurst.

It doesn’t really matter if he’d report to Bathurst, he’d report to Moncton who owns that pick.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think Cajkovic is getting quite underrated in the rankings right now. Kid has everything you want in a skilled forward. He can skate, he competes, he can both pass and shoot. I could easily see him being a 50-60 pt forward in the NHL. He should at least be an early 2nd rounder IMO.

Reactions: mirec04

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Saint johns is f***ing horrible. The coach has no brain whatsoever and the PP looks to be drawn up by a 10 year old kid. He should’ve stayed in Sweden, honestly, he’d be getting called to the SHL.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Saint johns is ****ing horrible. The coach has no brain whatsoever and the PP looks to be drawn up by a 10 year old kid. He should’ve stayed in Sweden, honestly, he’d be getting called to the SHL.
Hopefully Chromiak doesn't go the same path as Cajkovic

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Saint John lost one of their veteran players as well for the rest of the season. It’s a horrible year for them but their 16 year old talent is gonna be amazing for them in the future. But back on point Cajkovic isn’t on a team he can develop much in its very dissapointing. He came to Canada to learn not to teach.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Saint John lost one of their veteran players as well for the rest of the season. It’s a horrible year for them but their 16 year old talent is gonna be amazing for them in the future. But back on point Cajkovic isn’t on a team he can develop much in its very dissapointing. He came to Canada to learn not to teach.
probably should've gone back to Sweden earlier in the year

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Hopefully Chromiak doesn't go the same path as Cajkovic
I’m not totally against Slovak players going to CHL, as long as the situation looks good. For example Svechnikov going to Erie worked out very well. If Chromiak, Myklukha (especially him his playstyle is very North American) have potentially good teams in CHL than it could be a plus.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I was hoping that he’d land with a team like you guys who seem to really know how to develop the euro players (zadina and hischier for example). I know Cajkovic should be playing better but this team loses so many games like 10-1 it has to be demoralizing for him.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
probably should've gone back to Sweden earlier in the year
From what I've seen of him this year the team should have cut ties and sent him back. I think he's a whining distraction to the team. I backed him earlier in the season and I still think he's a great talent but man I've watched him shooting high risers from the hash marks zipping by his goalies head in warm ups. Everybody keeps their distance in warmups. He gets furious in the line warmups. In the game he seems to think all of his shifts should end with the other team taking a penalty on him then chirps at the officials non stop when it doesn't happen. The young talent on the team just watch him go off. Team was wrong for keeping him this long. He's a nice 200 foot player with a bad attitude. He needs to grow up a lot. I get to watch him again Monday afternoon I hope he shows a better side.

Reactions: lanky

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
From what I've seen of him this year the team should have cut ties and sent him back. I think he's a whining distraction to the team. I backed him earlier in the season and I still think he's a great talent but man I've watched him shooting high risers from the hash marks zipping by his goalies head in warm ups. Everybody keeps their distance in warmups. He gets furious in the line warmups. In the game he seems to think all of his shifts should end with the other team taking a penalty on him then chirps at the officials non stop when it doesn't happen. The young talent on the team just watch him go off. Team was wrong for keeping him this long. He's a nice 200 foot player with a bad attitude. He needs to grow up a lot. I get to watch him again Monday afternoon I hope he shows a better side.
It must be fun to lose each game like 10-1. And have a coach who has Zero idea on how to run an effective power play

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I’m not totally against Slovak players going to CHL, as long as the situation looks good. For example Svechnikov going to Erie worked out very well. If Chromiak, Myklukha (especially him his playstyle is very North American) have potentially good teams in CHL than it could be a plus.
Slovakia is the one country in Europe who you can point to a significant portion of their recent elite players playing in the CHL. I mean, arguably the two greatest Slovaks since the fall of the Iron Curtain are Hossa and Chara who were both WHL guys (Hossa post-draft). There hasn't been any recently, but Slovakia as a whole has had trouble producing quality NHLers who were born from about 1980 onward (only elite player born since then is Gaborik).

If you are talking about Andrei Svechnikov, he played for Barrie not Erie.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovakia is the one country in Europe who you can point to a significant portion of their recent elite players playing in the CHL. I mean, arguably the two greatest Slovaks since the fall of the Iron Curtain are Hossa and Chara who were both WHL guys (Hossa post-draft). There hasn't been any recently, but Slovakia as a whole has had trouble producing quality NHLers who were born from about 1980 onward (only elite player born since then is Gaborik).

If you are talking about Andrei Svechnikov, he played for Barrie not Erie.
Yeah I get those two mixed up. I meant Barrie. The most promising prospects recently in the past 10 years have all stayed in Europe. Tatar, Dano, reway. I guess cajkovic was hoping for a Jurco kind of situation.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Fantastic game from this player today. Gave Halifax problems all day long. Besides Lavoie he was the best skater on the ice. Both goalies stole the show though.

Reactions: firstafricanslovak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad