F Maxim Cajkovic (2019, 89th, TBL; traded to MIN; traded to PIT)

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Fantastic game from this player today. Gave Halifax problems all day long. Besides Lavoie he was the best skater on the ice. Both goalies stole the show though.
This is what is expected from him, he needs to be the best from the squad every game, trying to boost the performance of the whole team by his own performance.
When he is doing this, I think he could be drafted in 2nd round.

Reactions: Tube Skates

WildWillie

Jan 9, 2019
Cajkovic was great yesterday. Good in his own zone and created some good chances in transition. The line he is on is playing really good together right now. I was really disappointed with his play and overall demeanor earlier on this season but has been much better recently. If he brought what he did yesterday every game I think all the Slovak guys would be happy about his draft stock. Although Lavoie is a bigger body and a bit better skater, Cajkovic had far more impact on the game yesterday. The whole team played well. Could have been a 4-3 game if not for good goaltending and many missed shots in good scoring chances. For Q guys right now, I would have him behind Lavoie, Pelletier but ahead of Legere, Poulin.

Reactions: Tube Skates

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Cant see anyone taking a chance on this guy in the top 3 rounds with his attitude issues.. will be a late round flyer for someone

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Cant see anyone taking a chance on this guy in the top 3 rounds with his attitude issues.. will be a late round flyer for someone

What attitute? He's a 17 year old who was upset his team sucks and he was having adjustment issues on and off the ice so his production was suffering. I think it's normal frustration especially for a young kid.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He was upset that his team was losing after they had a really good preseason. His coach benched him, than he has responded by playing much better in the second half of the season. He said that he understands why coach benched him. He’s a nice kid but also competitive. Plenty of players with attitude issues have been drafted high. Prime example being Patrik Laine who was a certified asshole to his Finnish junior coach supposedly.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
@Coolmcneil
How did he play tonight? If you saw the game. I know your a moose heads fan so maybe you got to see it. SJ lost 11-1 tho. Although max did get an assist on the lone goal lol.
I don’t/can’t go to games against Saint John it’s way too ugly haha. From his stats in the game he did get 8 shots on net and an assist on the lone goal on the power play and “only had a -2” for an 11-1 loss. He’s a great player on a crap team not much else I can say. Lol

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I wonder what he would look like on a better team. Saint John has a -170 goal differential right now. If I could get a talent like this in round 2/3, I’d be all for it.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Let’s calm down with that. They say always this about young teams. I pray that maxim will be in the NHL in 2 years... not in SJ

Yeah, but the Sea Dogs always seem to do it right, suck for a year or two, and then in a couple years they dominate.

They have iced a total of 8 sixteen year olds I think this season, so much so that they had to apply to keep an extra and send another (Drover) who was a top 10 pick to Jr. A.

I too think if all goes as planned this team should be really good in 2-3 years.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Yeah, but the Sea Dogs always seem to do it right, suck for a year or two, and then in a couple years they dominate.

They have iced a total of 8 sixteen year olds I think this season, so much so that they had to apply to keep an extra and send another (Drover) who was a top 10 pick to Jr. A.

I too think if all goes as planned this team should be really good in 2-3 years.
Too bad it wasn’t a dominant season when maxim entered the team. And good luck to SJ than, but I hope he is at least in ahl in 2 years

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Too bad it wasn’t a dominant season when maxim entered the team. And good luck to SJ than, but I hope he is at least in ahl in 2 years

Next year they should be a mid pack team at least, it all really depends on how much the 16 year olds all progress, but the talent is there for them to make a big leap.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

I think, the agreement between CHL and NHL say, he cant play in AHL until 2021/2022 season. Because he will be drafted from QMJHL. That means, season 2020/2021 has only 2 options : QMJHL or NHL.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Why does zadina, filip get to play in the AHL than?
Zadina was “on loan” from Czech Republic I don’t understand what exactly that means and the rules behind it but that means he can play in the AHL. He’s 19 anyways, Cajkovic is still in his ‘01 season (17 year old year) so.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Zadina was “on loan” from Czech Republic I don’t understand what exactly that means and the rules behind it but that means he can play in the AHL. He’s 19 anyways, Cajkovic is still in his ‘01 season (17 year old year) so.

Actually (if im correct) that means, didn't paid to Pardubice for full transfer. Much more money. Only for a Loan. That they borrowed him from Pardubice for the 17/18 season. And because of that, technically, he was not drafted from QMJHL, but from Czech League. And so he could play in AHL. Thats my understanding.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad