F Maxim Burkov - Narva HK PSK, Estonia 1 (Draft NHL 2024)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

This kid finished 12th in league scoring as a 15 year old in Estonia’s mens league with 19 goals and 32 points in just 24 games played. He’s 15 btw, don’t know if I mentioned that.
He has also played u20 hockey internationally for Estonia which is impressive - even if Estonia isn’t a hockey powerhouse. But to play for Estonia internationally over Russia is quite surprising to be honest and very commendable to the young lad.

Here is a writeup I found about him by McKeens Hockey since I haven’t seen him play, i’ve only heard about him through the grapevine.

“For host Estonia, the most interesting prospect aspect of the tournament was the participation of 15-year-old Maxim Burkov. He’s still very much physically immature in all manners imaginable, but the chatter around the Baltics is that he looks like he’s going to be a very special player to keep an eye on as the 2024 draft swings around. Estonia has a truly small pro circuit, but Burkov is a regular there and is second on his team in scoring with 12 points in 10 games.”

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Even if the quality of competition isn't very good in that Estonian league, having those numbers as a 15 year old is nuts.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
He should have had impact at U18 2A level to be considered a serious prospect (NHL draft worthy down the line). I sure wish all the best for the kid, but this is nothing out of ordinary at this level.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He should have had impact at U18 2A level to be considered a serious prospect (NHL draft worthy down the line). I sure wish all the best for the kid, but this is nothing out of ordinary at this level.
Normally I would agree but he has been a noteworthy player ever since he scored at a similar rate as guys like Cole Eiserman, Macklin Celebrini and Jordan Gavin at the World Selects Invitational in 2018.
His scoring rate in Estonia is by far and away the best among all time u16 players - No one even comes close.

We’ll see how things go and how things progress for him. But things like these are noteworthy when trying to find hockey talent in non-traditional hockey markets.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Normally I would agree but he has been a noteworthy player ever since he scored at a similar rate as guys like Cole Eiserman, Macklin Celebrini and Jordan Gavin at the World Selects Invitational in 2018.
His scoring rate in Estonia is by far and away the best among all time u16 players - No one even comes close.

We’ll see how things go and how things progress for him. But things like these are noteworthy when trying to find hockey talent in non-traditional hockey markets.
Sorry, but just no. He is not even the best Estonian U16 player at the moment. Just look at the U16 player scoring at last U18 2A tournament, it puts things in perspective. Scoring at any rate in Estonian league is virtually meaningless and WSI tournaments are barely any better, because they vary in quality wildly.

1651826620101.png

Better look into those Lithuanians which are doing exciting things in Swiss hockey system, they actually seem threadworthy as serious prospects.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Sorry, but just no. He is not even the best Estonian U16 player at the moment. Just look at the U16 player scoring at last U18 2A tournament, it puts things in perspective. Scoring at any rate in Estonian league is virtually meaningless and WSI tournaments are barely any better, because they vary in quality wildly.

View attachment 541504

Better look into those Lithuanians which are doing exciting things in Swiss hockey system, they actually seem threadworthy as serious prospects.
TIL; if a 15 year old doesn’t score at a PPG rate in a u18 tournament he isn’t a good prospect.

Get it together. Burkov has been a player on the radar of many since the WSI tournament. I’m happy to update this thread on the player as he progresses.

Reactions: LeProspector

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
TIL; if a 15 year old doesn’t score at a PPG rate in a u18 tournament he isn’t a good prospect.

Get it together. Burkov has been a player on the radar of many since the WSI tournament. I’m happy to update this thread on the player as he progresses.
I'm not saying Burkov is terrible, but I find it weird that you are singling out him and not, for example, his Estonian teammate Timofeyev who is actually capable of going PPG at a low level U18 tournament. I think you are simply using outdated (WSI) and irrelevant (Estonia league) reference points.

I'm happy that someone else is interested in lesser hockey nations prospects and will gladly follow updates on this kid here. :)

hockey 2006

Aug 20, 2022
Извините, но просто нет. На данный момент он даже не лучший эстонский игрок U16. Просто взгляните на игрока U16, забившего на последнем турнире U18 2A, и посмотрите на вещи в перспективе. В любом случае набирать очки в эстонской лиге практически бессмысленно, а турниры WSI едва ли лучше, потому что они сильно различаются по качеству.

View attachment 541504

Посмотрите лучше на тех литовцев, которые делают интересные вещи в швейцарской хоккейной системе, они действительно кажутся серьезными перспективами.

Извините, но просто нет. На данный момент он даже не лучший эстонский игрок U16. Просто взгляните на игрока U16, забившего на последнем турнире U18 2A, и посмотрите на вещи в перспективе. В любом случае набирать очки в эстонской лиге практически бессмысленно, а турниры WSI едва ли лучше, потому что они сильно различаются по качеству.

View attachment 541504

Посмотрите лучше на тех литовцев, которые делают интересные вещи в швейцарской хоккейной системе, они действительно кажутся серьезными перспективами.

Attachments

• 90454F1B-911C-4E44-BC09-60CB5359C59D.jpeg
    90454F1B-911C-4E44-BC09-60CB5359C59D.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 13
  • F452C51E-E43D-4649-A9BE-230A897BF3BD.jpeg
    F452C51E-E43D-4649-A9BE-230A897BF3BD.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 6D2341C5-2EA3-4549-9599-5F0E7173B71A.jpeg
    6D2341C5-2EA3-4549-9599-5F0E7173B71A.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 79C53975-868E-4DB9-B43B-CD8D8AE935EB.jpeg
    79C53975-868E-4DB9-B43B-CD8D8AE935EB.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10

hockey 2006

Aug 20, 2022

View attachment 541504

Unfortunately, the elite prospect does not display all the statistics, Maxim Burkov played at the Finnish Championship in the AAA group, this is the strongest group and was in the top three of the strongest players in Finland! As for the World Cup, Maxim Burkov was a center forward, look how many chances he created and they were not realized? partners were in 2005, since Timofeev played with partners in 2004!

Last edited:

hockey 2006

Aug 20, 2022
Unfortunately, the elite prospect does not display all the statistics, Maxim Burkov played at the Finnish Championship in the AAA group, this is the strongest group and was in the top three of the strongest players in Finland! As for the World Cup, Maxim Burkov was a center forward, look how many chances he created and they were not realized? partners were in 2005, since Timofeev played with partners in 2004!

hockey 2006

Aug 20, 2022
I'm not saying Burkov is terrible, but I find it weird that you are singling out him and not, for example, his Estonian teammate Timofeyev who is actually capable of going PPG at a low level U18 tournament. I think you are simply using outdated (WSI) and irrelevant (Estonia league) reference points.

I'm happy that someone else is interested in lesser hockey nations prospects and will gladly follow updates on this kid here. :)

hockey 2006

Aug 20, 2022
Приятно видеть самого Буркова или кого-то из его родственников, решивших поздороваться в своей ветке. Рад встрече!
взаимно, добрый день.🙂

czech

Feb 23, 2009
In pre-season games he played for the senior team Dukla (Chance Liga); he began the regular season in the U20 team.
Gif.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad