F Matias Mäntykivi - SaiPa u20, Finnish u20 league (2019, 185th, BOS)

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Matias Mäntykivi

How come there aren't any discussions found about him? I've never seen him play, but seems to have good stats for such a young age in B and A juniors. Also his team is not that good. Currently holding the 10th place in scoring in his age group of Finnish u20 league.

Any SaiPa fans to elaborate us more?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Haven't seen him play but I think he would've been invited to the national team if he was a legit prospect.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Matias Mäntykivi

How come there aren't any discussions found about him? I've never seen him play, but seems to have good stats for such a young age in B and A juniors. Also his team is not that good. Currently holding the 10th place in scoring in his age group of Finnish u20 league.

Any SaiPa fans to elaborate us more?
So the thing is, Jr. B Mestis sucks, pretty much. So his scoring there is tough to gauge and I'd say it really hasn't been all that special. The u20 league scoring, on the other hand, has been pretty good. So maybe he should be entering some radars.

Looks like eliteprospects is pretty outdated, though. His height and weight are listed as 5'11 and 150 lbs on tilastopalvelu.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Meh wouldnt put much thought into that, kotkaniemi got also snubbed from wjc roster

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Great start for Mäntykivi in junior A season opener against KooKoo. Scored two and assisted also two goals. Will definitely make his Liiga debut this season.

Reactions: Ippenator

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This kid has been pretty productive at most levels he’s played at.

Anyone have a scouting report on him?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
First I've heard of him. From what I read here he looks to be decent, have to see how the rest of this yr. goes and where/if he ge goes in the 2019 draft.

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
I read some comments from Ketterät (Mestis, Finland 2-league) fans about him, he have played now three games on Ketterät and has got 1 assist
These are referred and translated from nickname OCE from Jatkoaika:
(after second game)
Mäntykivi has great future ahead. Now on his second game he made many scoring chances. Many of freeing passes on the start of attacks, little puck moves and teammate had free way to go. Hockey IQ on that aged was very good level. He sees greatly were are teammates. Game confidence was risen greatly from first game.
(afer third game)
On the Ketteräs´ tying goal to 2-2 Mäntykivi didnt took teammates(Kestiläs) pass, instead he let the pass to go through for other teammate(Mesikämmen) who was better position. Mesikämmen then passes puck to Hämäläinen who scored goal.
Many Ketterä fans hope that Mäntykivi will play there rest of season.

Sorry bad english.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't realize he already had a thread. Never signed by the Bruins so he is now an unrestricted free agent. He is now in his third season with Ilves and has already matched his career-high in points through 42 games.

Any chance he signs with an NHL club or is he likely to head for the KHL or one of the other high paying European leagues?

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Didn't realize he already had a thread. Never signed by the Bruins so he is now an unrestricted free agent. He is now in his third season with Ilves and has already matched his career-high in points through 42 games.

Any chance he signs with an NHL club or is he likely to head for the KHL or one of the other high paying European leagues?
Believe his ceiling is a top player in the SHL or the Swiss league in a couple of years, not even ready for that yet I believe. So no, don't believe he will get signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad