F Mason Alderson - Berwick Academy, USHS-Prep (2020 draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Liam Kirk has raised some eyebrows in the hockey world but he is not the only young
future possible notable British player.

Mason Alderson, 6 foot 1 16 year old forward might be another,
possibly even better than Kirk?.

Now my knowledge is limited about him, actually...almost none-existent,
but he's been rocking the 2018 u18 div II. -> 6 goals, 9 points +8 for 4 games
where as Liam Kirk; 3 goals, 5 points +3.

Is there anyone who have seen him play, or know to say something about him
i'd be interested to know.

Statistically wise, this season; 29 goals 39 points in just 9 games
with those u18 div II numbers, pretty damn impressive for a 16 year old.

Any thoughts?

PS. if anyone have any highlights of him, do post

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Nice stats, he was selected in the 2017 GMHL entry draft, but he decided to stay in England? He should move to the CHL

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
Word out of Guildford is that he's definitely going to NA this summer, possibly using his Canadian passport to be classed as non-import. Not known exactly which league he's heading to.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Word out of Guildford is that he's definitely going to NA this summer, possibly using his Canadian passport to be classed as non-import. Not known exactly which league he's heading to.

Very interesting info, thank you.

For him, that would be the best for his junior career,
to go play where you can challenge the best of your age group.
- and get quality coaching too.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Last season he played in the NCDC (Islanders Hockey Club) No idea what league/team is that.
Didn't score much points to mention. - Scored 11 points total for England u18&u20 WJC in 10 games (D1)

According to Eliteprospects.com, he has played 1 game for GBL Bruins U18 this season: 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 points.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Last season he played in the NCDC (Islanders Hockey Club) No idea what league/team is that.
Didn't score much points to mention. - Scored 11 points total for England u18&u20 WJC in 10 games (D1)

According to Eliteprospects.com, he has played 1 game for GBL Bruins U18 this season: 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 points.
NCDC is fine. It's like a third tier junior league, below the NAHL but on the east coast. Going to U18/prep from NCDC is at best a lateral move but realistically it is a drop down. Especially playing for Berwick this winter who have a fairly weak schedule he should put up some points this year coming from junior.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
NCDC is fine. It's like a third tier junior league, below the NAHL but on the east coast. Going to U18/prep from NCDC is at best a lateral move but realistically it is a drop down. Especially playing for Berwick this winter who have a fairly weak schedule he should put up some points this year coming from junior.

(I just stumbled upon this thread while searching "2020 draft" on the HFboards search feature)
It's definitely a drop down but from what I've gathered, the move was to get his education sorted before pursuing an NCAA scholarship. The fact he's a late '01 and listed as a junior probably shows how messed up his schooling situation must have been.

Obviously I don't think the NHL draft is truly on the table but he has done as well as expected with Berwick (16pts 12gp) and might have a shot at a proper Jr. A team next season. His GB U20 teammates like Cade Neilson and Tyler Cooper are playing NAHL right now and I think it's fair to say Biddulph is the better player of the 3. So with his Canadian citizenship sorted & his education sorted he should be able to make a run for that D1 scholarship.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
(I just stumbled upon this thread while searching "2020 draft" on the HFboards search feature)
It's definitely a drop down but from what I've gathered, the move was to get his education sorted before pursuing an NCAA scholarship. The fact he's a late '01 and listed as a junior probably shows how messed up his schooling situation must have been.

Obviously I don't think the NHL draft is truly on the table but he has done as well as expected with Berwick (16pts 12gp) and might have a shot at a proper Jr. A team next season. His GB U20 teammates like Cade Neilson and Tyler Cooper are playing NAHL right now and I think it's fair to say Biddulph is the better player of the 3. So with his Canadian citizenship sorted & his education sorted he should be able to make a run for that D1 scholarship.
Well kids go to school while doing junior all the time. The quality of the school is almost certainly much worse than what he's getting in prep though. Not that I'm criticizing the move.. always a fan of a player making the right decision for themselves. In this case his production at Berwick is definitely solid but as I said they play a very light schedule as far as prep hockey goes. They have played about two teams who could be called top half in prep hockey and will play maybe 2-3 more games against those caliber of teams. Going from NCDC to that is a gap akin to two or three tiers of play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad