F Martin Reway (2013, 116th, MTL)

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Interesting comment at the bottom of the article regarding the problems with the IIHF doping regulations due to the medication he has to take for his asthma.

He's certainly impressed with the Sparta 18's at the moment. I hope he gets a shot at the 20's to see how he plays against bigger players

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Good to see that it seems that he has calmed down now, but his size is worrying and the asthma thing sucks too.

Btw, alko, what a great achievement it will be for Reway and Daňo to get drafted more than a year before being born ;)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Good to see that it seems that he has calmed down now, but his size is worrying and the asthma thing sucks too.

Btw, alko, what a great achievement it will be for Reway and Daňo to get drafted more than a year before being born ;)

:D that would mean, this guys are better prospects as Crosby, Lindros and even Lemieux was. Not even born, and already such famous. :D

Yeah, yeah, you know exactly what year i thought.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Kind of late , but Reway finished 2nd in the scoring of the U18 Div IA WC that was played earlier in April with 11 points for 4 goals and 7 assists in 5 games. He got 7 of these points (2g+5a) in Slovakia´s big win over Norway (9:2).

Slovakia will hope he will be able to put on such a performance at the elite U18 WC as well.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Before the U18 Div IA World Championship i read an interwiev with Ernest Bokroš (head coach of Slovak U20 and U18 national teams) and he said Martin Reway is the most talented player on the roster. He said he looks like a little Ziggy Palffy :amazed:. I was like WTF!

I watched all the games of team Slovakia and I think he was right :nod:. He has got perfect hands and hockey sense. He makes precise (and often unexpected) passes and his wrist shot is very accurate. He's very good skater too. Despite his small size he made a lot of takeaways by using his body and stick. However it's important for him to prove he's an elite talent on the highest junior level (U20 WJC or Hlinka's Memorial).

Well, who knows? Ziggy "the earl" Palffy is 40 in a few days. Maybe we have in Slovakia a new earl in the making. ;)

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
There's rumors he's wanting to come to the CHL next season. Anyone know if he's planning to.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone know if Reway is still planning on coming over to the CHL next year? There's been rumors that he's wanting to. Would be good for him, probably help his draft ranking for 2013.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
He's coming in the CHL.

Drafted by gatineau 4rth ovr

The fact that he´s been drafted doesn´t mean he´s coming over. He´s being saying that he´s staying in Sparta for a while. I guess whether he comes over might depend on how his chance to play for Sparta´s men´s team develops.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Awesome that he's going to the CHL. Hopefully he's the next Slovak 1st rounder.

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
Super talented, very good skater but seems scared out there. Seems like scoring made him skate a little harder the last two periods, but I didn't see him engage in a corner battle let alone win one.

Here's to hoping he patches that up, cause he has all the talent you could ask for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad