F Marek Hejduk - USNTDP U17 (2022 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
5 foot 10 | 146 lbs forward Marek Hejduk, from Parker, Colorado, son of Milan Hejduk
2019 WHL Bantam Draft: 190th overall, Portland Winterhawks

Marek was called to the Portland Winterhawks 2019-2020 training camp (Team Peterson)
August 21 - 24

21-8-2019 17-46-48.jpg

21-8-2019 17-45-17.jpg

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Need a thread for his twin in Everett too.

Not sure if it's anything close to correct but according to EP he's almost a foot taller than his twin. That's pretty crazy but my guess is they haven't updated his twin's height in a while.

Also holy crap this makes me feel old. It doesn't even seem that long ago Milan was still a pretty damn good player.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yep, feeling very old.

Anyway, it's nice that they are in the PNW, too bad Giants didn't get them, they have been coming up here every spring to play (I think with Yogi on the Bears, and were on our Brick team).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I love this. As a big fan of those Colorado teams, I am stoked for the next generation of Hejduks to hit competitive hockey. Best of luck to both of them.

Reactions: BKarchitect

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Was named to USNTDP team recently. Could have a big year , especially considering he's been spending hours on the ice at his home rink everyday while most players don't currently have ice access.

Reactions: DaveG

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Congratulations to him on making the NTDP, I hope to see him in a winterhawks jersey after those two years but hes probably on the NCAA route.

Reactions: DaveG

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
On the first day that 04s were allowed to commit to NCAA programs, committed to Harvard with his brother David. Sad he wont be a Winterhawk, but wish him well.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Being able to play with his brother is probably a big factor in the decision to go NCAA rather than the WHL as David is Everett property.

Yeah , we'll see what happens with that, it's still awhile away until they touch a college campus. Would also be cool if they stayed in Colorado and went to Colorado College or UDenver given the dads impact in the state.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Yeah , we'll see what happens with that, it's still awhile away until they touch a college campus. Would also be cool if they stayed in Colorado and went to Colorado College or UDenver given the dads impact in the state.
Yeah that would be cool, I'm sure they've been to plenty of Pios games growing up there.

Reactions: wings5

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
On the first day that 04s were allowed to commit to NCAA programs, committed to Harvard with his brother David. Sad he wont be a Winterhawk, but wish him well.

that is why I was confused at first. I could be wrong--but if he suited up for the hawks that would have affected his ability to go to Harvard

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
that is why I was confused at first. I could be wrong--but if he suited up for the hawks that would have affected his ability to go to Harvard
Correct. He played in our rookie training camp which doesn't effect eligibility but if he were to sign a WHL player agreement he wouldn't be able to play in the NCAA.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Honestly when I see so many of the same last names it makes me truly wonder about the quality of NHL to other sports like soccer.

Yeah, exactly. In soccer any moke off the street can be a pro, but in the NHL you basically need to be a thoroughbred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad