F Marcel Barinka - HC Vítkovice, Czechia (2019 undrafted)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Yeah sort of. But the lines have been changed and moved around just recently and he’s gotten 3G and 2A in his past 3 games with the new line. I think he’s starting to get used to the North American hockey. I wouldn’t say he has off days or good days they just happen. Sometimes he’ll get more ice time on some games then others. He’s on the third line currently so yeah. Very exciting few games for him so far though. Hope the momentum keeps coming against Saint John this Friday. I’ve mentioned this a few times already but the team had a 15 game road trip to start the year off and moose were battling with injuries. But luckily it’s over and the lines and pretty set right now.

Reactions: Czechboy

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Sam Asselin has been by far the best player on the ice in the last five games or so. Barinka and Safin are a good supporting cast. Like I said earlier you can tell Barinka is well coached and knows where he's supposed to be. He's getting more room now because Asselin is taking two players with him all the time and winning battles with his speed. As CoolMc said there is no way Barinka could have gotten settled in playing a month and a half on the road. Plus Safin missed a lot of games through that time. Even the exhibition games were all over the place. Truro the Valley and the Forum in Halifax. Now he's got 8000 hockey crazed fans at the Scotiabank Centre cheering him on. It's gotta make a difference. Also he's starting to win a lot of board battles himself. He's got good size and a long reach. Star potential is certainly there.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
He got a very nice goal tonight sniped it top shelf but got waved off because apparently there was a player in the goalie crease (which there wasn’t) but it goes to show he really is improving game by game. This was against one of the top teams in the league (Baie Comeau) as well. Though I want to question how he handles the puck sometimes. But his speed, passing, shooting is very good. Hopefully will get that goal back tomorrow against another hard team (Drummondville)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Watched him a lot the other night because he was sent up to the first line with Lavoie out of the lineup. His passing, skating, and set up ability is very good. His shot accuracy and shot strength though is pretty weak at the moment, I think he needs to step it up. He has had so so many scoring chances so far this year though! Not putting up the points but that doesn't matter. He really isn't doing bad at all he's doing great.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Watched him a lot the other night because he was sent up to the first line with Lavoie out of the lineup. His passing, skating, and set up ability is very good. His shot accuracy and shot strength though is pretty weak at the moment, I think he needs to step it up. He has had so so many scoring chances so far this year though! Not putting up the points but that doesn't matter. He really isn't doing bad at all he's doing great.
He has two assists and 8 SOGs in the last 10 games. In what world is that great.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
He has two assists and 8 SOGs in the last 10 games. In what world is that great.
He hasn’t been getting the opportunity to play on a good line. He’s been on the fourth line because his main line mate Safin has been out the whole season. But at the same time yeah you’re right 8 SOG and 2 assists especially in easy games we won 10-2 and 6-0 where he should be getting more ice time he hasn’t been putting up points. I just don’t think he’s been playing bad. Maybe I’m just being a little too bias

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Barinka is a solid talent. I was hoping he would develop more as a puck carrier. He gets gifted the puck quite often and his line doesn’t cash in. Then there’s times like last night he was one on one with the goalie at the bottom of the circle and instead of wiring it on net tried the cheeky play to be denied. Gotta get the puck on net more. The Moose are regularly outshot.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Two assists, 15 SOGs in his last 15 games. Lately has been a healthy scratch as well.
Seems to be regressing rather than the opposite?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Looks like as a prospect can get stuck in bad conditions on a horrible team like Cajkovic the same can also happen for a prospect going to a stacked team full of NHL drafted prospects like Barinka in Halifax. Next season he should have more opportunity hopefully.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Looks like as a prospect can get stuck in bad conditions on a horrible team like Cajkovic the same can also happen for a prospect going to a stacked team full of NHL drafted prospects like Barinka in Halifax. Next season he should have more opportunity hopefully.

Let's hope so for his sake and the shine is a bit off his rose this season.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012

That’s not the case with Barinka, he’s being scratched in favour of 16 year olds, 17 year olds and 2 19 year olds that aren’t any better than him. In fact, Barinka should be in the lineup over these guys but the compete level hasn’t been there and the coach has made that clear. At best, on the Mooseheads he’s a 4th liner with a full lineup but he can’t get even get into the lineup right now... I think he’s got a bright future in the Q but let’s not blame his season on how deep the team is, his season is going the way it is because he doesn’t play hard enough to warrant being in there every night.

Reactions: EnglishJet

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
That’s not the case with Barinka, he’s being scratched in favour of 16 year olds, 17 year olds and 2 19 year olds that aren’t any better than him. In fact, Barinka should be in the lineup over these guys but the compete level hasn’t been there and the coach has made that clear. At best, on the Mooseheads he’s a 4th liner with a full lineup but he can’t get even get into the lineup right now... I think he’s got a bright future in the Q but let’s not blame his season on how deep the team is, his season is going the way it is because he doesn’t play hard enough to warrant being in there every night.
The fourth line is nothing deep for Halifax right now they’re trying to give the scratched players as much games as possible so they don’t miss a full season of hockey but that’s pretty dissapointing for his development as a player. I don’t think he’s being scratched because he’s bad. But he’ll definitely be on the fourth line the rest of the season when the lineups completely full. With Samuel Dube most likely out with injury he may finally get to play again. If not he’ll be back in soon because I’m certain he’s better then the guys they have right now Dube, McLeod, And Stewart. They should have traded him if they aren’t gonna play him.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
22C173F2-5BF0-4B46-A852-DD58027237D2.png

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The fourth line is nothing deep for Halifax right now they’re trying to give the scratched players as much games as possible so they don’t miss a full season of hockey but that’s pretty dissapointing for his development as a player. I don’t think he’s being scratched because he’s bad. But he’ll definitely be on the fourth line the rest of the season when the lineups completely full. With Samuel Dube most likely out with injury he may finally get to play again. If not he’ll be back in soon because I’m certain he’s better then the guys they have right now Dube, McLeod, And Stewart. They should have traded him if they aren’t gonna play him.

Can you trade Euros in their first year in the CHL?

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
He finally played last night and you could begin to see some talent there. Albeit it again the Sea Dogs in an 11-1 win, he had a goal and an assist and his line looked dangerous most shifts. He showed good hands and determination on his assist too. At 18 points in 42 games he still has a long way to go, but last night made me think he might not be worth completely giving up on.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
It's hard to see a kid with that much talent not be in the lineup consistently. He's young and has some flash but that's not what the coach is looking for right now. He's smart once he gets a bit heavier and learns to take his man better he'll be a star for some team in the future.

Reactions: EnglishJet

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He’s been pretty confident since coming back. Obviously tough to produce when you’re on the 4th line of a deep roster but you can really see how talented he is.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
He’s been on and off way too much this year so it’s hard to get a good feel into him but I think he’s starting to light it up now that Mooseheads have been on fire lately. He’ll go somewhere late but I don’t know where.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Marcel is off to the U-18 Worlds in Sweden April. Thought he had a great start to the season with Halifax but once it got halfway through the season he couldn’t keep up and in my opinion downgraded. Best of luck to him in the tourney though! I’m sure he’ll play a lot more next season which will also be a good season for Halifax.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
I wouldn’t draft him at all but yet you see him consistently ranked within peoples 4th/5th round range. Makes me wonder how much they’ve actually watched him this season.

Moosehead's season ticket holder here: I wouldn't draft him. There's potential there but at the same time there's definitely something off. The Moose have been CRIPPLED with injuries—I mean whole lines missing—and still he was scratched. In the playoffs we're playing our 8th D on the fourth line and scratching Barinka. Something just doesn't add up about the kid; he never lit it up but there were flashes of skill, and he could definitely do better than our 8th D. Stay away for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad