F Luca Hauf - Krefelder EV 1981, Germany (2022 draft)

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I'd be careful hyping up a guy who's only played at the german u17 level, that's not a competitive league. Worth watching though, the german prospects thread in the germany sub might have more info

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
He will probably be the highest selected German in next years draft.
It's between him and Julian Lutz I think. Are they first round prospects?

Edit: Unnecessary point here, but I just realized that Hauf is exactly 9 years younger than me.

Reactions: hellwar9

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Ro
It's between him and Julian Lutz I think. Are they first round prospects?

Edit: Unnecessary point here, but I just realized that Hauf is exactly 9 years younger than me.
Roman Kechter and Moritz Elias are possibilities to be drafted too.

Lutz and Hauf have potential to be first round players. They’re more likely to be mid round picks however.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Ro

Roman Kechter and Moritz Elias are possibilities to be drafted too.

Lutz and Hauf have potential to be first round players. They’re more likely to be mid round picks however.
My prediction is that Lutz will be in Peterka range (late first, early second), Hauf, Kechter, Elias undrafted.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
My prediction is that Lutz will be in Peterka range (late first, early second), Hauf, Kechter, Elias undrafted.
I’ll admit i have a bias towards Hauf, but it’s still early. The thing that may hinder him is he isn’t an explosive skater. But he’s got really good vision to pair with his good hands.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I’ll admit i have a bias towards Hauf, but it’s still early. The thing that may hinder him is he isn’t an explosive skater. But he’s got really good vision to pair with his good hands.

I think he may be slightly more of a late bloomer which could hurt his draft stock a bit. There are some question marks, you mentioned the main one, but he has a ton of potential. Luckily he was able to play pretty much a full a season, unlike some other prospects who lost basically a full year of development due to COVID.
I am a little biased towards Kechter, though Lutz has taken over the top spot at the moment. I would have Hauf at 3 right now, but none of them has really separated themselves at this point.

I do hope that I will be able to watch them a lot this season, because last season has really messed up my rankings and my tracking of the prospects. Should things go back to some sort of normal, I expect some major changes on my lists.

Reactions: Leaves34

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think there are a lot of good points being made.

I think Hauf is the most offensively skilled of the German forwards in 2022, but as mentioned, his skating isn't much better than average and he's not that big. I'm not sure he's dynamic enough offensively at his size and skating to be more than a mid round pick.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Definitely got it right in my opinion, I don’t think any Germans will go except for Lutz, but then again, Münzenberger somehow went in the 3rd round, so you never know.
I definitely think there is a chance at Hauf, Kechter, Wolf and Oswald hearing their names called - albeit unlikely.

Don’t think many, even the most biased German fans would’ve expected 3 being selected last year.

Chompskiii

Mar 29, 2020
I definitely think there is a chance at Hauf, Kechter, Wolf and Oswald hearing their names called - albeit unlikely.

Don’t think many, even the most biased German fans would’ve expected 3 being selected last year.
Regardless on whether he gets drafted or not, it would be interesting to see where Hauf will play next year.

Hard for me to believe he’ll want to play DEL2 in Krefeld, seeing as most of the kids these days would rather get buried on the 4th line in the DEL.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Good place for him to prove he has pro potential. As of today, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him top out as a DEL2 player (after a few years in the DEL thanks to the U23 rule).

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The DEB made a few baffling decisions there…
They may have had a harder time to "recruit" players for a tournament like this at this point of the season.

As you know I am way higher on Hauf than you, but even I don't think he should be on this team.
I mean sure, with how weak of a year 2003 is, I always expected him to make the team in December, but at this point with the '02s still eligible, Lutz would have been the only 2004 guy I may have expected on the roster.

I guess they really want to use it as preparation for December for a lot of these kids.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
2G, 2A today. But it's his biggest totals for sometime. I wonder if they finally decided to move him to the top lines to get some playtime. Not an OK follower so maybe someone can chime in.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad