F Logan Barlage - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019 undrafted)

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Yes 2019 NHL draft, I know.

Pronounced bar-LOG-ee, he's listed at 6'3'' 185 pounds. Just turned 14 two months ago.

This kid put up some absolutely ludicrous stats in peewee AA last season. Combining his two peewee leagues he scored 396 points (259 goals and 137 assists) in 77 games. Then added 56 points in 11 playoff games.

He also played six games in Bantam AA last year, scoring a goal and six assists.

This year he had 62 points (35 goals and 27 assists) in 31 games in Bantam AA, then added six goals and six assists in five playoffs games.

He also played one game in Midget AAA with the Prince Albert Minto's, scoring a goal in his only game. I read that he also played on the top line in that game.

I don't think there was a single 1999-born kid playing more than a call-up in Midget AAA in Saskatchewan this year, and this 2001-born kid scored in his debut.

Projected as a top-three pick in the 2016 WHL draft, I sure hope he doesn't have to play Bantam next season. Looks like he could play Midget and have no issues.

His stats this year are comparable to what three of the top 2015 WHL prospects (Carson Miller, Keenan and Kaedon Taphorn) had in their first season in Bantam AA.

I can only assume his size is what sets him apart right now, it'll be interesting to see if he adjusts as he gets older and his competition becomes the same size as him.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Looking at the stats, he really carried his bantam team. Might have put up some video game numbers playing on a stronger team.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
The concern at that age is that he's probably an average of 6-8" taller and 50 pounds heavier than his peers. That makes a massive difference.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the CHL in a year or two.

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Xavier Parent, Kirby Dach, Logan Barlage, Kieran Brown, Tag Bertuzzi. 2019 will be a great draft.

Aceonfire*

Xavier Parent, Kirby Dach, Logan Barlage, Kieran Brown, Tag Bertuzzi. 2019 will be a great draft.

Seriously? His name is Tag?..

I am sorry if I am offending any Tag's on here but why on Earth would you name your kid that??

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Looks like a potential star. The 16 Bantam Draft looks really, really good between Barlage, Korzcak from Yorkton, Williams on Delta, Krebs from Okotoks, and cream of the crop Kirby Dach.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Kids are midgets at that age, I mean Shea Weber was tiny too now look at him, too early if he's still as relevant in 2-3 years than he may have good potential. Without seeing him play/highlights hard to tell his skill or if he's just physically manhandling kids.

Kovacs

Jul 22, 2013
Alberta

I am sorry if I am offending any Tag's on here but why on Earth would you name your kid that??

eddie-cahill-friends-tag.jpg

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Same reason I'm naming my kid Sirius. When that little punk reaches the teens and starts being obnoxious, I can always make fun of him using his name.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
The concern at that age is that he's probably an average of 6-8" taller and 50 pounds heavier than his peers. That makes a massive difference.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the CHL in a year or two.

The average 14 year old boy is 110lbs and 5'4". The average 16 year old boy is 135lbs and 5'8". Even if you assume that these kids are bigger because they're athletes, that's still a huge difference.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The average 14 year old boy is 110lbs and 5'4". The average 16 year old boy is 135lbs and 5'8". Even if you assume that these kids are bigger because they're athletes, that's still a huge difference.

Ya 16 year old hockey players are definitely not that small. In the OHL a its common for 16 year olds say at 6'0, to step in at 170-190 lbs already.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Got a friend who works in sports media up in P.A., said Barlage was by far the biggest kid on the ice at Mintos training camp.

"One play he steal the puck and dangles for a breakaway. Next one he obliterates some guy with a spin move."

Apparently he's expected to play Bantam again this year, which I think is the wrong choice. The top prospect for the 2016 WHL draft, Kirby Dach, is playing Midget AAA this year, why can't Barlage?

Maybe his parents don't want him to leave home yet, though Humboldt and Prince Albert aren't exactly far away from each other.

Last edited:

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Up to 122 points (58 goals 64 assists) in 29 games, 48 points higher than the second leading scorer, who as you might imagine, is his line mate.

I watched him play the only time they came to town this season, he had three goals and four assists in a 7-5 win.

Really interested to see how he plays in midget next season, because while he'll still be one of the biggest players, he'll no longer be among kids his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad