Confirmed with Link: F Lane Pederson signs with Oilers (2 Years, 775k AAV)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Holland is on fire. Next Duchene for 800k. Apparently convinced to take a pay cut by Nurse)))

Seeing how Kostin got 2 million in Detroit. There is no way Bjugstad will take less. He is a better, more reliable player than Kostin.
I would agree, so good luck wherever he goes

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
15.59 hits/60, 47 hits in his last 16 games. Kostin was at 16.42 hits/60.

Under 50% in the dot in his 71 game NHL career, but 57% with Columbus in his latest 16 games.

Pretty automatic in the AHL the last four years.

A year older than Noah Philp.

Holland in his presser says they see him as the 1C in Bako, see what happens at training camp.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I really like our scouting lately. Janmark, Kostin, Ryan, even Shore were sneaky good adds. So maybe they see something in this guy. Look at the teams he's played on. Arizona, San Jose, Vancouver, Columbus. All teams in general chaos where their depth players would be targeted.

When teams fill a need they generally do well. Right shot center with some size. 57% on 114 draws for the Jackets (around 50% career). We'll see. Good gamble imo

Edit: also from Saskatoon. Nice little x-factor. He should fit right into the city and culture

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So looking at cap friendly I found it interesting that of all of our tweeners/AHL allstar forwards that Pederson is the only guy that is on a 1 way deal and will make the same in the AHL as the NHL. Even Caggiula is on a 2 way deal with a $500K and a $550K AHL deal over his 2 years. Guys like Malone ($250K), McKegg ($250K) and Griffith ($450K) all make solid AHL salaries but not 1 ways like Pederson. Am I reading too much into this in thinking that we are penciling him onto the big club in spite of what Holland said on July 1st?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nobody is penciled in it’s going to be a battle for the last spots
Then why did we go all in with this guy with a 1 way deal while the others didn't get the same? Seems to me like we really pressed to get this guy signed. Even Connor's bud Caggiula didn't get a 1 way deal.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
So looking at cap friendly I found it interesting that of all of our tweeners/AHL allstar forwards that Pederson is the only guy that is on a 1 way deal and will make the same in the AHL as the NHL. Even Caggiula is on a 2 way deal with a $500K and a $550K AHL deal over his 2 years. Guys like Malone ($250K), McKegg ($250K) and Griffith ($450K) all make solid AHL salaries but not 1 ways like Pederson. Am I reading too much into this in thinking that we are penciling him onto the big club in spite of what Holland said on July 1st?

I’m guessing it‘s just that it wasn’t his only offer of a one way deal

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Pedersen also had a solid finish to his season with the jackets, so full money was probably the minimum from most teams

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00