F Konsta Helenius - Jukurit, FIN Liiga (2024 Draft)

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Helenius has signed a contract with Tappara. Tappara has been the best team in the Liiga for the past few years. Of course, it is also possible that he plays in North America next season.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I thought he played well against Sweden. Probably helped that he played with players he knew, so he felt more comforrable.

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah he looked like he belonged to the team vs. Sweden, and was one of the more noticeable players. Craig Button also has him now ranked #3 on his list, so I guess he liked what he saw as well. Weird that it hasn't been posted on HF though..?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Then there was Kakko who played great in Liiga and in the WHC and degraded into a 4th line forward in the NHL.
Kakko has rarely played 4th line in the NHL. Even the last two games where he was scratched for game 2 and then returned for game 3 he went from outside the lineup to 3rd line after a 4th liner got injured. Cuylle was moved down to the fourth line as opposed to having Kakko slot in on the fourth line. Kakko has pretty much always been utilized as a top 9 forward, except the occasional game here or there that every young forward gets on the fourth line when they upset the coach.

Reminds me a bit of Trochek. Undersized but feisty. Not a mean as Trochek but probably a bit more skilled.
Lacks the same skating.

Reactions: mattihp

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel he's a bit like a JG Pageau and would bet that's what he turns into. I don't see high offensive upside but there is something there at least. Pageau is still an excellent player to draft in the 14-20 range
I said Erik Haula and people got mad. Erik Haula is top 9 on pretty much any team in the league. You’ll take that in the 10-15 range.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I see him as Nick Suzuki maxing out at Nico Hischier

He's a Center in a draft year where there aren't m any high end centers, He's the 2nd best Center in the draft and will probably be drafted in in the 7-12 range.

Reactions: Breeze 44

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Kakko has rarely played 4th line in the NHL. Even the last two games where he was scratched for game 2 and then returned for game 3 he went from outside the lineup to 3rd line after a 4th liner got injured. Cuylle was moved down to the fourth line as opposed to having Kakko slot in on the fourth line. Kakko has pretty much always been utilized as a top 9 forward, except the occasional game here or there that every young forward gets on the fourth line when they upset the coach.
Okay. Replace the 4th line with 3rd line in my comment. The same sentiment remains. Thanks for the semantics I suppose.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad