F Kalan Lind - Red Deer Rebels, WHL (2023, 46th, NSH)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Very skilled kid who is a lot better than his brother was at the same age. Good size already and plays a very aggressive style. He can lose his temper though and get distracted at times which he'll need to learn to contain. Also has had a few other issues that have gotten him suspended but hopefully that's behind him. Should be a great whlers and fits the style Red Deer likes perfectly. Sutter should be great for developing him also. He's leaving Swift Current to join the Saskatoon Contacts next year which has an insane amount of talent on it.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kole and Kalan......
i hope they didn't have a third child.... lol

Kalan by the way means this in Finnish:

Nappasin, näin ison kalan.
I caught fish, this big.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
19-20 season - U15 team: 27 games as a 14 year old, 68 goals, 52 assists with almost 100 penalty minutes
+ 3 games in the play-offs, 5 goals and 9 assists with 10 penalty minutes.

What's up with those penalty minutes thou??? about 3.5 penalty minutes per game this season.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
19-20 season - U15 team: 27 games as a 14 year old, 68 goals, 52 assists with almost 100 penalty minutes
+ 3 games in the play-offs, 5 goals and 9 assists with 10 penalty minutes.

What's up with those penalty minutes thou??? about 3.5 penalty minutes per game this season.
Eh not that much, a couple of scraps can easily add up to 25 mins for a player each time they get kicked out.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
His brother has short stubby legs. Genetically he's not an NHLer.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
His brother has short stubby legs. Genetically he's not an NHLer.

You know who else is genetically not a nhler ?

he’s 6’2 just suffered his 4th injury and is only 175 lbs.

eliass pettersson. Not sure how the hell you know lind has “stubby” legs cause that’s creepy as hell.

Reactions: Dominance

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You know who else is genetically not a nhler ?

he’s 6’2 just suffered his 4th injury and is only 175 lbs.

eliass pettersson. Not sure how the hell you know lind has “stubby” legs cause that’s creepy as hell.

Lol. I was making a joke. And it was nearly a year ago.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Lol. I was making a joke. And it was nearly a year ago.
Those aren't allowed.
Both these Brothers play a really greasy gritty game but have obvious skill as well.
Kole looking like he gets a crack next season and may even be a player.
Isn't Kalen more highly touted?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Those aren't allowed.
Both these Brothers play a really greasy gritty game but have obvious skill as well.
Kole looking like he gets a crack next season and may even be a player.
Isn't Kalen more highly touted?

For sure, Kole was actually a pretty big surprise in Kelowna

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I have was super impressed by his game at the Hlinka. Was always moving his feet, hitting most anything in sight, always skating and constantly getting under the opponents skin with how much of a weasel he is.

I also get the sense he is a great locker room guy and a great personality off the ice.

I see a very good 3rd line NHLer here, reminds me of Ridly Greig.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I have was super impressed by his game at the Hlinka. Was always moving his feet, hitting most anything in sight, always skating and constantly getting under the opponents skin with how much of a weasel he is.

I also get the sense he is a great locker room guy and a great personality off the ice.

I see a very good 3rd line NHLer here, reminds me of Ridly Greig.
No one can question his skill level. He was one of Team Canada’s more noticeable players on a very strong team. But he showed a lack of discipline that placed his team at risk. While you can tolerate his ‘weasel-like’ tendencies when your winning by half a dozen goals like Team Canada often was, his lack of discipline undermined his team’s efforts in what was a much closer gold medal game. One of his coaches should have reminded Lind of Bobby Knight’s famous refrain: “Dumb always loses.”

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
No one can question his skill level. He was one of Team Canada’s more noticeable players on a very strong team. But he showed a lack of discipline that placed his team at risk. While you can tolerate his ‘weasel-like’ tendencies when your winning by have a dozen goals like Team Canada often was, his lack of discipline undermined his team’s efforts in what was a much closer gold medal game. One of his coaches should have reminded Lind of Bobby Knight’s famous refrain: “Dumb always loses.”
I agree he has shown a lack of discipline but I’m sure he’ll learn to be more disciplined as he grows - it’s probably THE easiest skill to teach. it’s difficult to find players like him that live to get under your skin the way he does.
I hope he has a big year for Red Deer - because he has an intriguing skill set that doesn’t come around too often.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not one of the hyped guys, so I was wondering if I was missing something. I thought he was good. But I agree with the consensus above that he's not some big offensive guy. Good bottom six type prospect. That has value. I think he'll be drafted lower than his brother, but probably not too much lower.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad