F Jonathan Ang - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2016, 94th, FLA)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Question for people who are probably in the Ontario Area:

Anyone know anything about Jonathan Ang (selected in the 1st round at the 2014 OHL draft). Ang is 5'10, but at 16, he can still grow.

Any info? NHL potential? Yes or no?

Last edited by a moderator:

thething

Jul 28, 2014
I've seen him a few times and as described in the scouting report, fantastic skater. Ang in particular is very noticeable with his skating ability and has an impressive first step.

Regarding whether player has nhl potential, sure he does, like any young player drafted in the first round of an ohl draft he has shown skills that could make him an nhler one day.

One thing I would worry about with Ang is that he seems to be getting scratched on a disappointing Peterborough team that is at the bottom of their division right now. I haven't watched the Petes play this season so I can't say how he's played but he's a forward drafted in first round that hasn't recorded a point yet, but was selected to play for Canada at the U17.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Peterborough's streaming scrimmages from their training camp. Ang's #21 in White and scored the opener on a penalty shot. He also assisted on the second goal, but IIRC, that was generous and all Cornel.

Last edited:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Incredible offensive player. There was a game last year where he undressed Julius Bergman with a jaw dropping between the legs move. It was filthy.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Figured this thread deserved a bump, Jonathan Ang was in the Top 10 in many categories at the Draft Combine. I'll outline which ones he ended up in the Top 10, where he was in the Top 10, and which tests he didn't place Top 10. Obviously some people had more impressive combines but he jumped out to me as a guy who we haven't heard as much about this year with solid results

Wingate Cycle Ergometer Test:
Mean Power Output (Watts/KG) 1st @ 12.5
Peak Power Output (Watts/KG) 3rd @ 18.7

Bench Press:
70%-80% of Body Weight (# of Reps) T-10th @ 13

Pro-Agility:
Pro-Agility Left 6th @ 4.47

Pull Ups:
Pull Ups (Consecutive Max #) 1st @ 15

Standing Long Jump:
Long Jump (Inches) 5th @ 114"

Didn't Place Top 10: