F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Love the hits he's throwing too. Not often you get a silky smooth puck carrier who likes to be physical. I'll be following him closely for sure.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s better than any Finnish prospect in 2021, but will get talked about less than he should next year because Lambert happens to be in the same draft. He’s a dynamic offensive talent between his hands, skating, passing, sense, and shooting.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
He’s better than any Finnish prospect in 2021, but will get talked about less than he should next year because Lambert happens to be in the same draft. He’s a dynamic offensive talent between his hands, skating, passing, sense, and shooting.
nvm

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Any chance he reports to Regina next year?
Unlikely, unless he somehow doesnt make it into the weak JYP team. The team is also in a very bad spot financially so a bankruptcy is theoritically possible which could lead to something.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Absolutely top tier hands, good skating and shot, quite physical even though he isn't that big. Also doesn't seem to suffer from tunnel vision. Looks like a top-15 talent to me, potentially higher depending on what he shows against men in Liiga.
In a lot of situations he tried to carry the puck around until he lost it, instead of making a smarter play to a teammate. Didn't really like that. Other than that, seems like a talented kid.

Reactions: MiroPRKL

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
In a lot of situations he tried to carry the puck around until he lost it, instead of making a smarter play to a teammate. Didn't really like that. Other than that, seems like a talented kid.
Yeah, he tends to hold on to the puck for too long, but that has also resulted in many great chances for himself and his teammates that IMO show he isn't just mindlessly trying to deke the other team out all the time. I'm fine letting a player as skilled as Kemell try and push his limits at this point.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

He should've been with the U20 nt anyway, normal for kids at this level to try to do everything themselves.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He should've been with the U20 nt anyway, normal for kids at this level to try to do everything themselves.

I am aware that it's part of being young, but it's interesting to see if they grow out of it. And how fast.

Also he shoots the puck like a madman but doesn't seem super accurate. The way he plays looks a bit like a dollar store MacKinnon.

Last edited:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Exciting player, yes he can be a bit selfish time to time and try to dangle too many opponents that lead to turnover but canno really fault him for more than that. Good skating, good shot, elite hands and rather competitive likes to make big hits aswell. I think should be top15-top20 pick in the draft.

Put up couple clips from Hlinka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad