F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
But Nashville guys, how do you see his chances getting a spot in Preds next season?! To me he is much better prospect than Parssinen, and I've loved everything Parssinen has done..
Before these AHL playoffs, we probably would have put Kemell's chances of getting a spot with Preds next season right about at ZERO! :)

But now... he is certainly making things interesting. That shot would look nice on our PP. (Right where Tolvanen could have been!)

I still think it's not very likely... but at least something > 0. The main problem is we were also planning to elevate both of Tomasino and Evangelista next season also, and there is a practical limit to how many young/smallish/offensive RWs we can integrate at once. Plus we have heard Trotz chanting some mantras about the number of 1st round picks who will be in Milwaukee next season, and how he sees no harm in "overcooking" players in the AHL, so I would say things definitely point to Kemell starting in the AHL again. But at least he has served some notice that he may wish to challenge that assumption.

As for Parssinen, I think he should be our #1 center in Nashville next season. It's too bad he got hurt. I just love the way he shields the puck and can do the heavy lifting on a line, I thought he had great chemistry with Forsberg when they played together, I would keep them together to start next season. But his breakout was maybe a little bit before Trotz started paying attention, so maybe Trotz missed seeing some of that. Probably Parssinen will have to prove himself all over again. Such a different player than Kemell, though, but if you told me we'd have a 1st line of Forsberg-Parssinen-Kemell one day soon, I'd be very happy to see that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad