F Jan Kern - HC Slavia Praha U20, Czech U20 (2017 Draft)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Hopefully jnk96 won't mind if I use his quote here.
I only saw him at the U18s and he showed some talent, but I can see why he wouldn't be on many people's lists. Here's my little post-U18 writeup on him:

Quick skater with excellent speed. Solid hands, can be deceptive on his edges and make defenders miss. Quick on the backcheck, tries to support the D. But once he gets the puck, his passes just go all over the place. Not a good passer. Has a nose for the net and can score multiple ways. Solid wrist shot and backhander. Can use his backhand as a weapon. Played some good setup passes as well. Solid, but nothing outstanding � typical late-round European guy. Could be round six or seven.

I think he's a good value pick in some late round, maybe a bit small but skill is there and it's also worth mentioning he a wore letter all year for the Czech national U18 team, so possibly some leadership qualities too. With late July birth he is likely one of the younger players in the draft.
BTW - He is no longer a member of HC Slavia, he changed it for HC Sparta mid-season. And did much better there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad