F Jan Dorthe - Gottéron U20, U20-Elit (2024 Draft)

LePaxton

Apr 21, 2020
Zurich, Switzerland
I know, i know.... 2024 is not yet around the corner and it's often very hard to predict how prospects will pan out in the long run but i just recently stumbled across this guy (Jan Dorthe on eliteprospects) and i was intrigued to say the least.

Jan Dorthe just turned 16 a few months ago and currently sits at over a point per game (11 GP | 7 G | 6 A | 13 PTS) in the U20-Elite league in Switzerland. This was interesting to me as Kimo Gruber (who also plays in the U20-Elite league) was known (at least to me) as the most promising Swiss prospect right now. But Jan Dorthe's stats look even more promising, especially because he is eligible for the 2024 draft while Gruber is eligible for 2023.

I don't like to compare young players with the performances of their fellow NHL-countrymen at the same age, but i still did and compared him to Hischier (obviously). Hischier in his D-2 season just started to find his way around the U-20 Elite league and ended the regular season with 2 PTS in 11GP (6 PTS in 10 GP in the playoffs).

So does anyone follow Swiss junior hockey and knows more about him? Is he as promising as his stats make him seem to be?

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I know, i know.... 2024 is not yet around the corner and it's often very hard to predict how prospects will pan out in the long run but i just recently stumbled across this guy (Jan Dorthe on eliteprospects) and i was intrigued to say the least.

Jan Dorthe just turned 16 a few months ago and currently sits at over a point per game (11 GP | 7 G | 6 A | 13 PTS) in the U20-Elite league in Switzerland. This was interesting to me as Kimo Gruber (who also plays in the U20-Elite league) was known (at least to me) as the most promising Swiss prospect right now. But Jan Dorthe's stats look even more promising, especially because he is eligible for the 2024 draft while Gruber is eligible for 2023.

I don't like to compare young players with the performances of their fellow NHL-countrymen at the same age, but i still did and compared him to Hischier (obviously). Hischier in his D-2 season just started to find his way around the U-20 Elite league and ended the regular season with 2 PTS in 11GP (6 PTS in 10 GP in the playoffs).

So does anyone follow Swiss junior hockey and knows more about him? Is he as promising as his stats make him seem to be?
I haven’t seen him play so i don’t know how he plays. But what i do know is that the level of the swiss u20 elit league really decreased in the last years as a result of the top players leaving for NA and the swiss league so the teams see themselves losing their best players every year and as a result a lot of underagers play in their u17 year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad