F Jamiro Reber - Langnau, U20-Elit (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

I have been trying to find some information on this kid but alas, my efforts have been in vain. Was wondering if someone could provide any insight on this player at all. I know he is for sure on the radar for the 2024 draft but was wondering if this kid could be a high selection given the right circumstances. Nonetheless, he is a kid that is now on my radar for 2024.

Reactions: pgfan66

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

I have been trying to find some information on this kid but alas, my efforts have been in vain. Was wondering if someone could provide any insight on this player at all. I know he is for sure on the radar for the 2024 draft but was wondering if this kid could be a high selection given the right circumstances. Nonetheless, he is a kid that is now on my radar for 2024.
You should be able to find some conversations on him using the search. We talked about him quite a bit during the U17 Colorado Springs tournament I believe. I liked him a lot there.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Am I the only one who thought he looked excellent today? Played with pace, excellent through transition, and was giving defenders fits by cutting to and beating them to the outside.

Very Promising.

Reactions: 95snipes

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Am I the only one who thought he looked excellent today? Played with pace, excellent through transition, and was giving defenders fits by cutting to and beating them to the outside.

Very Promising.
He was easily the best forward on the Swiss team since Jordan Forget (for whatever reasons) didn't play. Therefore Reber was very much expected to carry the load. There are other interesting forwards among that Swiss class of 06 forwards but Forget and Reber are probably at least a tier above the rest right now.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm hearing he's heading to Sweden for next season.
Really? I was wondering where he's gonna go if the Tigers can't promise him NL-time but since the Tigers are about to sign that Rockets deal I thought he was gonna stay for sure. If the deal goes though then that would guarantee Reber big minutes in pro hockey.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He will play for HV71 u20 next year probably with shot at the SHL team since HV71 seems to be open to let foreigners play SHL. For example oscar fisker molgaard who’s danish
Interesting.

I heard that Langnau's involvment with the Rockets organization (they're now confirmed to play in Bellinzona next season) may be pretty much agreed on but the extent of it isn't finalized yet.

I guess Reber signing in Sweden may be a result of this. He didn't want to risk getting stuck in a bad situation in Langnau. Of course Sweden is almost always a good option for hockey prospects since it's very much top of Europe in terms of player development.

Curious to see how he does in Sweden. Don't see him make the SHL team out of camp the way Bichsel did...but we'll see.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Interesting.

I heard that Langnau's involvment with the Rockets organization (they're now confirmed to play in Bellinzona next season) may be pretty much agreed on but the extent of it isn't finalized yet.

I guess Reber signing in Sweden may be a result of this. He didn't want to risk getting stuck in a bad situation in Langnau. Of course Sweden is almost always a good option for hockey prospects since it's very much top of Europe in terms of player development.

Curious to see how he does in Sweden. Don't see him make the SHL team out of camp the way Bichsel did...but we'll see.
Me too, maybe some games in the SHL near the end of the season would be my guess.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I hope he doesn’t fall off this year as many of our at first highly touted prospects the last years.
Size is a little bit of a concern to me. His dad is only 5'7 (170 cm) and from watching him, I am not sure if his official height of 5'10 is actually accurate. He was pushed around a bit by more physical players at the U18's as well. Other than that there is a lot to like. It will be interesting to see how he does in Sweden. Other than Bichsel we also had a few prospects going over that struggled in the Swedish junior program, at least in their first year. So there is definitely some risk involved going there. But its certainly better than being stuck in the Swiss U20 league for to long.

The outlook for the 06 class is really interesting anyway as we have prospects who are playing pro in Switzerland (Ustinkov, hopefully Muggli), going to the CHL (Ponzetto, Körbler?) or taking the Swedish route (Reber, Giger, Janis Weber). So it will be interesting to see which route will bring the best results and how those players who will stay in the Swiss junior system will develop in comparison.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Size is a little bit of a concern to me. His dad is only 5'7 (170 cm) and from watching him, I am not sure if his official height of 5'10 is actually accurate. He was pushed around a bit by more physical players at the U18's as well. Other than that there is a lot to like. It will be interesting to see how he does in Sweden. Other than Bichsel we also had a few prospects going over that struggled in the Swedish junior program, at least in their first year. So there is definitely some risk involved going there. But its certainly better than being stuck in the Swiss U20 league for to long.

The outlook for the 06 class is really interesting anyway as we have prospects who are playing pro in Switzerland (Ustinkov, hopefully Muggli), going to the CHL (Ponzetto, Körbler?) or taking the Swedish route (Reber, Giger, Janis Weber). So it will be interesting to see which route will bring the best results and how those players who will stay in the Swiss junior system will develop in comparison.
I think he will be alright in the u20 he played well in the u18 championship which is promising IMO. Would love to see him get SHL ice time too. The Hlinka gretzky cup will probably show how his draft year will go, and the u18 championship in spring will be very important if his season is medicore until then.
Regarding the other players you which ones of them would you say will get drafted. You didn’t name Christian Kirsch who signed a pro deal but he will probably not play NL(i guess that’s why you didn’t mention him). Janis Weber also trained with the Swiss League Team EHC Winterthur which i hope will help him improve in Sweden.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I think he will be alright in the u20 he played well in the u18 championship which is promising IMO. Would love to see him get SHL ice time too. The Hlinka gretzky cup will probably show how his draft year will go, and the u18 championship in spring will be very important if his season is medicore until then.
Regarding the other players you which ones of them would you say will get drafted. You didn’t name Christian Kirsch who signed a pro deal but he will probably not play NL(i guess that’s why you didn’t mention him). Janis Weber also trained with the Swiss League Team EHC Winterthur which i hope will help him improve in Sweden.
I was sort of confused regarding Kirsch's pro contract. He has committed to the University of Massachusetts in the NCAA to play there starting in 2026. But this league does not allow any pro experience. Akira Schmid was even not allowed to play because he had appeared in one NLA game before. So maybe he doesn't want to go to the NCAA anymore, but I hadn't heard anything concrete. So that's why I didn't mention him.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I was sort of confused regarding Kirsch's pro contract. He has committed to the University of Massachusetts in the NCAA to play there starting in 2026. But this league does not allow any pro experience. Akira Schmid was even not allowed to play because he had appeared in one NLA game before. So maybe he doesn't want to go to the NCAA anymore, but I hadn't heard anything concrete. So that's why I didn't mention him.
I guess he’s ineligible to play NCAA now or maybe the NL isn’t considered as a Pro League but i don’t think this is the case. But Kirsch was probably aware of this problem when he signed the Contract with Zug would be very unprofessional if he or his agent weren’t aware of this NCAA rule. He will probably get atleast 1 game until 2026 when he has signed with Zug IMO so he will be ineligible anyway.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Judging from his performance in the first 3 games of the season against czechia he would deserve to be drafted in my opinion. He‘s a fast creative, but undersized player with good offensive instincts. I think he‘ll be a middle round prospect unless he has an incredible season and plays SHL then he maybe goes earlier but i don’t think he‘ll go higher than second round due to his size. If he keeps up his play in the Hlinka and transitions well to sweden he will surely get drafted next year due to his skill level and upside.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
He isn’t on the Nhl central scouting watch list, does this mean he’s ineligible or has he played this bad in sweden?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He isn’t on the Nhl central scouting watch list, does this mean he’s ineligible or has he played this bad in sweden?
Probably just forgotten by whoever put that file together. I don't have another explanation. Even Swiss players who have zero business of being on that list and who are never gonna get drafted like Pedrazzini or Metzger got the new W rating. Not for a minute do I believe Central Scouting scouts are actually convinced that those guys are more promising prospects than Reber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad