F Jamieson Rees (2019, 44th, CAR; traded to OTT)

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
This kid's great, steal of the draft maybe? Seeing loads of potential with him!

He could be one of those kids like Leason that explode out of nowhere and score a ton of points in the CHL

HockeyMind9

Love the way this guy plays. He impressed me at the Top Prospects Game and continuing to again at the u18s. Great motor, lots of skill, high energy and physical. Reminds me of Konecny and Gallagher. Upside is top 6, but if he misses, can play bottom 6.

i love hockey

Dec 30, 2018
Gritty,great hands in tight and makes others better with his vision on the ice.This world under 18 tournament Jameson Rees is definately showing the world his future potential.He is definately a pig not a chicken.He sacrifices himself for the team,the sacrificial pig.Got to love the pig and chicken quote from Craig Button yesterday.That is by far is the best quote of the tournament.

i love hockey

Dec 30, 2018
Great vision,makes the smart plays and sacrifices himself to put his team in a good position,and has good hands in tight.Also very disciplined on the penalty kill for Team Canada in the Under 18 world championships.He is near the top in points,assists and plus minus along with being a catalyst for Team Canada.His draft stock is rising,and the hockey world is taking notice of his vast potential.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
This kid blew me away with his impressive U18. What is his offensive upside? Does he have a top 6 ceiling at the next level? Lastly was his high energy physical style at the U18 his normal playing style or did he adapt to the role on Canada? The reason I ask the last question is I worry about his body not being able to hold up in the pro game.

Any information is much appreciated.

Reactions: avsfan09

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Out of all of CAR’s picks, I think this guy if the safest bet to make the NHL and have a long, productive career. That said, I really love the potential of Suzuki/Puistola/Honka, etc. Can’t stop thinking how CAR has never swung for the fences with skill picks like they did yearerday, love it.

Reactions: SvechneJerk

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
He also has more than double +/- to his next teammate and third highest in the OHL, with half the games played to other leaders.

Since Rees' suspension, Sarnia Sting went 0-6 in their next 6 matches, they are 5-0 after Rees joined the line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad