F Jamieson Rees (2019, 44th, CAR; traded to OTT)

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
HC with stupid decisions again :nod:

This kid hasnt stopped producing and his game is perfect for the big ice tournaments in Europe and yet they still leave him. Bunch of tools :shakehead

Reactions: DaveG and Dominance

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The best primary point producer in the entire CHL who also happens to be a two-way force and brings an amazing two-way edge isn’t even invited to selection camp. Excuse me while I be thoroughly sick.

Especially surprising because he was really, really good at the u18s for them. I would've brought him as a fourth liner at the very least and let him go throw his weight aorund. If theres injuries, hes good enough to move up in the line up. He isnt the best skater, this is the only reason I could see him being left off since its on big ice but still let him have a look at camp

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
For anyone that watches him a lot, is there a chance he comes into the NHL as a C versus wing?

He seems to be Sarnia's de facto #1C at the moment, but he seems to play wing when playing for Team Canada. I also remember one draft pundit also saying he'd more likely break into the NHL as a W versus a C.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
For anyone that watches him a lot, is there a chance he comes into the NHL as a C versus wing?

He seems to be Sarnia's de facto #1C at the moment, but he seems to play wing when playing for Team Canada. I also remember one draft pundit also saying he'd more likely break into the NHL as a W versus a C.
I think he’s gonna be a center. Team Canada is usually overloaded with centers so it makes sense he would be played there. It depends on the team depth when he breaks through, but his skillset and play style is just much more potent through the center of the ice.

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
2 points in 18 games this season after the prior few he had been going in the right direction. He was looking like he would be an NHL'er.

What's happening?
Idk, I was hoping to see this kid succeed, but this was the season he needed to take another step in the AHL if was to become a NHL'er and it seems like he's doing the opposite.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
2 points in 18 games this season after the prior few he had been going in the right direction. He was looking like he would be an NHL'er.

What's happening?
There's likely to have been some actual regression which is concerning. But he's playing for Springfield, the Blues affiliate, so they have no incentive to develop him and/or put him in the most favorable situations in order to score & progress. Not sure what his TOI average is, would be curious to hear thoughts from the Northeast natives who watch a lot of the A.

Carolina not having a full time affiliate and only using Chicago for a few guys is so weird.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
There's likely to have been some actual regression which is concerning. But he's playing for Springfield, the Blues affiliate, so they have no incentive to develop him and/or put him in the most favorable situations in order to score & progress. Not sure what his TOI average is, would be curious to hear thoughts from the Northeast natives who watch a lot of the A.

Carolina not having a full time affiliate and only using Chicago for a few guys is so weird.

I don't think this is true. Carolina's Dylan Coghlan and Ryan Suzuki are also playing for Springfield. Coghlan is usually on the first/second defensive pairing and Suzuki centers the 2nd line. IMO, Rees hasn't played well enough to earn more TOI or to be put in more favorable situations.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I don't think this is true. Carolina's Dylan Coghlan and Ryan Suzuki are also playing for Springfield. Coghlan is usually on the first/second defensive pairing and Suzuki centers the 2nd line. IMO, Rees hasn't played well enough to earn more TOI or to be put in more favorable situations.
Noted, thank you. Pardon my ignorance as I don't get to see much AHL and browse through the scores as they're happening live and after.

Reactions: Beauterham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad