F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah, it looks like the Wild have understood they're losing him, and they've corrected their game. Isn't it too late, though?
I think he’ll be around at 8/9. Centers and D always go first and there’s a bunch of them in the top of this draft. Michkov went 7th last year. Don’t think he’s quite that level of prospect

• Wow
Reactions: Lavar Ball

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think he’ll be around at 8/9. Centers and D always go first and there’s a bunch of them in the top of this draft. Michkov went 7th last year. Don’t think he’s quite that level of prospect

He's #2 on many lists. And while there are a few very intresting D prospects for the draft, Demidov just looks very unique to pass on him.

And teams that passed on Michkov will regret it till the end of times. Hope the end won't happen in the next year or two, though...

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I don't think he will make it past the Habs.
Bob Mckenzie has him 6th in his mid, which is crazy to me. He’ll probably be higher if he has insane playoffs. Would be my dream if he’s still on the board when the habs pick.

Yeah, I doubt the Habs will make the same mistake 2 drafts in a row...
The habs likes Demidov. They weren’t that high on Michkov for some reasons.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal isn’t for everyone. I really wouldn’t be shocked if Michkov said no thanks. Habs damage control since would make a lot of sense.

It's certainly not for everyone, the fans are rabid and not everyone wants that kind of intense spotlight. Plus all sorts of other factors. I have to say as someone that loves a good conspiracy theory, and even though there was talk for months that in deed the Habs scouts were very high on Reinbacher, I thought at the time that was a smokescreen and that they wanted Will Smith. But on draft day I don't know what really happened but when Carey Price bungled announcing the pick on live tv it just felt like something went very wrong very quickly and they had to scramble for whatever reason.

Now I don't know a think about what really happened, at the time I was not in favor of picking Mickhov, I still would not pick him as I worry enough with can the Habs win a cup when one of their best players is Caufield as i don't know how a smaller player like him would fair in the playoffs. I'm just not a big fan of Michkov other then he's got a lot of offensive skill but there's a number of holes in his game that concern me. We'll see what happens.

I did not want Reinbacher, the little I saw of him other then his frame and mobility, I wasn't overly impressed and now I don't even know what to make of him as I was sold on him being so good in his own end but that's often not been the case this season (I haven't seen the last 5 or 6 games, they are tough to sit through) I like some of his offensive game though as he can move the puck and he's got NHL size, mobility already so he's easily going to see NHL ice time and I can see how he could develop into something very special, at this point I just have to hope the Habs scouts know what they are doing. History hasn't been kind to our 1st round picks for a long time now so we'll see.

I was leaning towards Leonard as I actually thought Will Smith would drop to us but if he didn't I thought they would go with Leonard as the backup. The hours leading up to the draft the rumor about the Preds offering Askarov and the 15th or whatever the rumor was but I thought if that's true then we were 100% trading down. Then the talk started that Michkov met with the flyers and wanted to go there so it is interesting what might have gone on there. In the end I just hope the Habs make a lot more right moves then wrong ones but we'll see as it's way too early to say one way or the other.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Still I'm pretty sure Demidov will be picked before 9th.
Yeah, my guess is 4-6. I would be surprised if one of the 2/3 teams takes the risk with all those juicy D and Lindstrom on the board. But once the top 2-3 D are gone, Demidov starts to look pretty exciting to a team that isn't in full rebuild.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Demidov won’t go before Celebrini, Lindstrom, Levshunov, Dickinson or Silayev. He goes somewhere from 6-11, imo.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I said this last year when everyone said Michkov wouldn’t get past Montreal at 5 and nobody listened. I said Rossi was going to go to Minnesota at 9 after 120 points in like 50 games and everybody said I was crazy. Small players drop. Wingers drop. Russians drop. It’s history. More than likely a GM isn’t going to pass on big players who can skate at premium positions for a small Russian with skill.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I said this last year when everyone said Michkov wouldn’t get past Montreal at 5 and nobody listened. I said Rossi was going to go to Minnesota at 9 after 120 points in like 50 games and everybody said I was crazy. Small players drop. Wingers drop. Russians drop. It’s history. More than likely a GM isn’t going to pass on big players who can skate at premium positions for a small Russian with skill.

That's fair, but there was a bit more smoke with respect to Michkov than Demidov. He goes a lot higher if he doesn't allegedly tell the teams that pick at #4 and #5 that he didn't have interest in playing there.

There's a chance that Demidov could fall due to Russian factor, KHL factor, C/D > W bias; but it feels like he's pretty much universally understood to be the second best player in this class.

I'd be shocked if he fell outside the top 5, this class doesn't have Fantilli/Carlsson level heavy hitters as consolation prizes.

Reactions: alasania94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad