Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I’m guessing he’s closer to 170 now? At least I hope he is…

He’s got amazing hands and is fast but the team is starting to have too many guys who can’t win puck battles so I don’t really see a way onto the big team for the likes of him and Kisakov, who still looked really small out there last night.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Honestly an extra year in the all with kulich would probably be the best plan for them they can continue to round out their game and get stronger
Someone needs to get meaningful NHL games in this season or they’re looking at trying to break in 3-4 rookie skill forwards at the same exact time.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
All the talk on Kulich being the next call-up but with a 4 point night he is sitting with 17 points in 14 games. He looked superb for 2 games at rookie camp. He could easily get a shot soon.
I'm very happy for Rosén and how he's progressed thus far. It's nice to see him at the top of the Amerks scoring thus far. I personally think he deserves a look with the Sabres before Kulich based on the reports of his better all around game and style of play which has shown that he's not afraid to go into the tough areas.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I'm very happy for Rosén and how he's progressed thus far. It's nice to see him at the top of the Amerks scoring thus far. I personally think he deserves a look with the Sabres before Kulich based on the reports of his better all around game and style of play which has shown that he's not afraid to go into the tough areas.
Bring him up next year and have savoie play with kulich for a year and graduate both of them this way we will balance out the graduations.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
1st round pick? Pfft. Shouldn't have been drafted in the first 250 picks. He only had 1 point in 22 games in the SHL for crying out loud!

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
1st round pick? Pfft. Shouldn't have been drafted in the first 250 picks. He only had 1 point in 22 games in the SHL for crying out loud!
I said basically the same about Sebastian Collberg when MTL took him 33rd overall in 2012 after 0pts in 41 SHL games, but I was right about him.

Rosen is a fantastic prospect for us, he’s grown his game so much in such a short time.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The post game interview with him saw the interviewer close with “enjoy the bus ride to Lehigh Valley tomorrow”. And I thought…are you sure? Because I’m not sure. He has points in 12 of 16 games this year. Leads the team in scoring. Unlike Kulich his ELC has started whether he’s called up or not. And he buried the winner.

Weird thing to wish someone enjoyment on in the first place btw.

Reactions: SabresFan26

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Wow, awesome. I was thinking he passed Kulich. When Rosen was first drafted it was a bit of a stretch.

This kid has really matured since his first season in the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad