F Gavin Cornforth - Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Phenomenal skills, handles puck cleanly. Great skater, is strong on his skates and has phenomenal vision. Very good when going 1-on-1 with his opposition.

Was just drafted at number 12 in the phase 1 USHL draft to Dubuque, we’ll see how things progress, but Cornforth looks like a stud.

USHL Rights: Dubuque Fighting Saints

QMJHL Rights: Moncton Wildcats

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Also, drafted by Moncton in the Q draft. For background, he was taken in the midget draft, not American draft, and was the first US player drafted. Both his parents are Canadian so he’s a dual citizen.

He will be attending Moncton’s camp next week, although how long he stays is anyone’s guess.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think he's that good. Mid/late round type of range for now, although he's 2025 draft eligible, so he has a long time to go. I like the puck skills, he skates well enough for his size, and he can shoot/pass, but for his size, it's not elite offense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll probably be on the USA's Hlinka team for the upcoming season.

My scouting report from his USHL season.
He’s not eligible until 2025, so a long way to go. I think he shows good hands and two-way play. Skates okay for his size. I think he’ll eventually be a pick because he gives his all and has pretty good hands that’ll allow for some scoring ability once he’s not younger than everyone he’s playing against, but I have a hard time seeing him being more than a late round pick. Long way to go though until 2025, so we could see him get better, and improve his likely draft positioning.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 12+12=24 points in 46 games.
Good edges and stick skills. Decent scorer. Don’t see great scoring skills, but I think he’s improved his speed. He’s only 5’8 right now, so growing a little more before being drafted could help. I think he’ll probably be like a late round pick, but I am not sure he’s worth a draft pick and he’s not the type of player NHL teams will love (small, scoring wing without elite speed or true scoring skills). Committed to Boston College for next season. He should be one of the youngest players in the NCAA next season. I think he needs another year of USHL, but a good year at BC in his draft year could definitely help his stock.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 12+12=24 points in 46 games.
The expectation from BC fans is he spends another year in the USHL but it's heavily dependent on who stays or goes. There is a world where they could have 9 forward openings. It'll all depend on what Smith, Leonard, Perrault, Gasseau and Jellvik do

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The expectation from BC fans is he spends another year in the USHL but it's heavily dependent on who stays or goes. There is a world where they could have 9 forward openings. It'll all depend on what Smith, Leonard, Perrault, Gasseau and Jellvik do
For his best interests, he should spend another year in the USHL. I don't think it would go well for him next year at BC. I understand why these players want to go their draft year to NCAA, especially if they are already graduated from high school, but some patience is sometimes in their best interest.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
For his best interests, he should spend another year in the USHL. I don't think it would go well for him next year at BC. I understand why these players want to go their draft year to NCAA, especially if they are already graduated from high school, but some patience is sometimes in their best interest.
Ya I know he accelerated last year so he would have the option heading into next year but everything Ive heard, he's expected to be back in the USHL. Pretty much exact same thing we've heard about Letourneau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad