Confirmed with Link: F Erik Haula Signed to Entry Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes. :laugh: Did you see any games when Granlund and Haula played at the same WJC team? The skill difference was quite noticeable. Of course its been a couple of years and they both have come forward, but you just don't get MG's sense of the game in a few years. Haula might have easier time in NA for some time, but MG will make the transition.

And you watched how many Gophers games this year?

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth

J22*

So defensive systems equal garbage hockey? :laugh: What happened to defense wins championships?

Defense is great, the system that Wisconsin plays is Garbage hockey.
Chipping pucks off the glass or just icing the puck for 60 minutes hoping for a PP or a lucky bounce that creates an odd man rush, is not exciting hockey to me.

To their credit, they play their system well, and if their fans are ok with it then I'm sure they dont care what I think of it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Defense is great, the system that Wisconsin plays is Garbage hockey.
Chipping pucks off the glass or just icing the puck for 60 minutes hoping for a PP or a lucky bounce that creates an odd man rush, is not exciting hockey to me.

To their credit, they play their system well, and if their fans are ok with it then I'm sure they dont care what I think of it.

Considering Wisconsin's PP numbers this year one could say they were one of the best 5 on 5 teams. They don't chip it out of the zone and ice it all game, you're exaggerating. That's the team that went 1-7-2 to start the year. The team that went 21-5-5 to end the year hung around with the best. They traded opportunities and capitalized when they needed to. In the 6-1 loss to UMass in the tourney the Badgers outshot them and outplayed them. The other team just capitalized when it mattered most.

mkoivu9*

Considering Wisconsin's PP numbers this year one could say they were one of the best 5 on 5 teams. They don't chip it out of the zone and ice it all game, you're exaggerating. That's the team that went 1-7-2 to start the year. The team that went 21-5-5 to end the year hung around with the best. They traded opportunities and capitalized when they needed to. In the 6-1 loss to UMass in the tourney the Badgers outshot them and outplayed them. The other team just capitalized when it mattered most.

This is hilarious.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Well I'll miss this kid on my Gophers, but so excited to see him start his career with the Wild organization! Really think in two or three years this kid is going to make an impact on the NHL and hopefully with us, it's a great story and want to see him suceed with us one day, good luck! Holla for Haula!

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think he's going to be a player. Top 9 potential. 10-20 goals, 30-40 assists. He'll be a good player.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This is hilarious.

Unless you call numerous 2 on 1's getting outplayed... The game was 4-1 with 2 empty netters. Their goalie is a brick wall. Typical gopher fan only looking at the score :shakehead
Anyways glad Haula is with the Wild! May the Gophers suck for many years!

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Unless you call numerous 2 on 1's getting outplayed... The game was 4-1 with 2 empty netters. Their goalie is a brick wall. Typical gopher fan only looking at the score :shakehead
Anyways glad Haula is with the Wild! May the Gophers suck for many years!

its hard not to only look at the scoreboard when its been working the last 15 years or so...

:handclap:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
its hard not to only look at the scoreboard when its been working the last 15 years or so...

:handclap:

I suppose.. When is the last time the goofs were in the championship game? I can't even remember :laugh: 2002 I'm guessing?
Edit: 2003 is when you last won it all. So close to guessing right :laugh:

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Good. Him and Graovac indicates that someone's doing something right when it comes to drafting.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Quote from an finnish interview with Tom Ward, his coach at Shattuck St. Mary

"There is that certain something in him. Words are not enough to describe what that something is. But its the same that you can see in Crosby, Toews, Parise andall the other stars who have left from here. Erik knows what it takes to get to the top, and I'm sure that he is gonna succeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Intrigued to see how he turns out in the NHL. Am I the only who sees a more mature Granlund in Haula? He's certainly a point getter. Was strong enough in the WCHA, and with reasonable speed. Very heady. 11 months older than Granlund, and I'm guessing stronger ( which isn't saying much).

Yeah your right on! :laugh:

Except for the fact Haula hasn't dominated his age group internationally at every level or produced boatloads of points with the Finnish national team in the World Championships and Olympics and in a top 5 professional league...

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Anyways..great find for this organization in the draft..seems mr Flahr might just know what he's doing! Already some great steals in late rounds..Hackett, Keumper, Haula..seems Graovac will be a good player for us down the road..nice job scouting staff

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Anyways..great find for this organization in the draft..seems mr Flahr might just know what he's doing! Already some great steals in late rounds..Hackett, Keumper, Haula..seems Graovac will be a good player for us down the road..nice job scouting staff

The third round is "late", now?

We have a couple guys pulled from the last couple rounds that have potential. But to be honest, most teams have guys like Graovac and most teams have a goalie prospect that they're high on.

We're just catching up to the rest of the league, IMO. Honestly, with Larsson gone, it wouldn't surprise me to see us outside the top-10 in most prospect pool ratings.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
We have a couple guys pulled from the last couple rounds that have potential. But to be honest, most teams have guys like Graovac and most teams have a goalie prospect that they're high on.

They're still very solid late round picks from three drafts in a row. Most teams have prospects of that caliber, but getting them that consistently that late into the draft? It's something not many teams get to enjoy of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad