F Eduard Sale - Kitchener, OHL (2023, 20th, SEA)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy was the Czech player I was most impressed with at the Hlinka. Very complete offensive skillset, and he also has good size and skating. He was creating a lot of chances. It's early to speculate on a draft range, but his tools are that of a first round pick. He was playing as a winger at this tournament. I have no idea what position he's played beforehand, so someone else might know better what his best position is.

Eduard Sale at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Goodman68 and czech

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Šalé played his first senior game! (in the first line with Zaťovič and Holík) (Kometa Brno, Extraliga, preseason game)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Sovereignly the best player in the Czech junior league in the U17 category, he also leads in the U18 category. Third place in the league scoring, more than 2PPG.
15GP, 13G + 19A
I think he's the player who should be in the estimates in the first round of the draft. I'm very curious about his game next week in the U18 national team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's destroying the U20 league with over 2 .ppg average. That is great. However... not much great comes out of the U20 and if he goes to Extraliga then he'll get 5 minutes a game and look like a bust. Seems like a player that would, unfortunately, benefit from going abroad. Thanks for brining him up... I'll add him to my follow list.

Also, I think Kulich is second behind Jiricek. Jiricek looks great today as I watch Extraliga on Sunday mornings.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's destroying the U20 league with over 2 .ppg average. That is great. However... not much great comes out of the U20 and if he goes to Extraliga then he'll get 5 minutes a game and look like a bust. Seems like a player that would, unfortunately, benefit from going abroad. Thanks for brining him up... I'll add him to my follow list.

Also, I think Kulich is second behind Jiricek. Jiricek looks great today as I watch Extraliga on Sunday mornings.

The Pastrnak , Vrana route to Sweden would likely suit Sale the best

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Pastrnak , Vrana route to Sweden would likely suit Sale the best
Or Finland or the CHL.

I just worry he'll stay in Extraliga. Make the big club and not play. U20 is not a competitve enough league to get drafted high from.

Sadly, I think young good Czechs like this will look into DEL as well.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Or Finland or the CHL.

I just worry he'll stay in Extraliga. Make the big club and not play. U20 is not a competitve enough league to get drafted high from.

Sadly, I think young good Czechs like this will look into DEL as well.

For Euro prospects that are the elite of the elite, playing against men is the prefered option ex Kemell staying in Liiga vs going to the CHL. This is of course different if you are in a situation which your icetime would be minimal ex. Olausson or your domestic mens league is weak. In these cases, the CHL is a better option. For Sale's case, if he goes to Finland he would need to play for a weaker Liiga team for it to be worthwhile. In Sweden , J20 + Allsvenskan time could be a great option for him .

The CHL would also be a better option than staying at home in a weaker junior league or with limited ice time in Extraliga. I don't know how strong Brno is or if they are open to giving youngters ice time but if Kulich can play regularly in Extraliga at 17 ,then you would think Sale who seems to be at least the same level of prospect if not more highly touted should be able to do the same next season.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Another (3+)pts game! (4 assists today)
11 pts in the last 3 games.
Top-15?

No NHL scout is watching or rating highly the Czech u20 league like that. This seasons accomplishments won't mean much in their eyes. Only way he goes that high is if he produces well next season in either Czech Exraliga, Allsvenskan, Liiga, CHL. Or, if he plays the majority of next season in SHL. Finland , North America, Sweden or staying in Czech Republic are the places he most likely plays next season

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Pretty crazy season he is having. Great size. Leading the league as a 16 year old. Who does that?!

Can see him getting drafted by a CHL team, I think he will destroy juniors. If not, let him keep developing in the Czech Republic, get some Czech-2 games, who knows, maybe some games in the men's league.

Most importantly, he needs icetime. Getting 4 minutes of ice on the 4th line on a men's team aint good for developing.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Pretty crazy season he is having. Great size. Leading the league as a 16 year old. Who does that?!

Can see him getting drafted by a CHL team, I think he will destroy juniors. If not, let him keep developing in the Czech Republic, get some Czech-2 games, who knows, maybe some games in the men's league.

Most importantly, he needs icetime. Getting 4 minutes of ice on the 4th line on a men's team aint good for developing.

CHL would be likely I think and probably for the best, or Sweden. For young Czech prospects who have made an NHL impact I can think of Necas and Hertl before him as the most recent. Most top Czech prospects go to the CHL because the Mens league is usually not a great league for young players to get ice time

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad