F Dylan Guenther - (2021, 9th, ARI)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think he's closer to Kyle Connor thank Brock Boeser.

Relative to Connor, Guenther is stronger and more comfortable in contact. He's also probably better at setting up plays for team mates to finish. Guenther doesn't use his wheels as much as Connor does and also doesn't have the quick dekes.
Correct!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I watched him a bunch with Edmonton. League play is important. This was a short tournament with a bunch of new faces playing for unfamiliar coaches in unfamiliar roles. I don’t think your assessment is correct. Maybe that’s what he looks like in this specific two week span, but it’s not defining for his projection. Not at all.
I expect him to put up more points than McTavish. I watched a lot of Edmonton games too and I thought he made Neighbours look better than he is. I liked him in the top 3 in his draft year for offensive production just like I liked Zegras in the top 3 in his draft year (although they are not the same type of player).

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
I think the Guenther we saw in the semi's and finals is closer to what he really is as a player and will be in the NHL. He uses his explosiveness and speed to beat defenders in the WHL and is fully capable of it, but it wasn't until the big games I thought he looked more himself! Great game and as a Canucks fan, I was sad when we traded the 9th overall, and now even moreso, lol. He's so even keel, the type of player every team needs. He seems so likeable and I wish him a long and prosperous career.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I think he's closer to Kyle Connor thank Brock Boeser.

Relative to Connor, Guenther is stronger and more comfortable in contact. He's also probably better at setting up plays for team mates to finish. Guenther doesn't use his wheels as much as Connor does and also doesn't have the quick dekes.

I think the Yotes would be ecstatic if he turned out to be a similar player to Connor!

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Dealt to Seattle today

Imagine AZ sends him there??? Lol

That roster would be even more insane
Guenther-to-SEA_1920-Thumb-730x411.jpg

LOL T-Birds trying to create an All Star team!

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Worth noting - every pick but the 2024 4th is conditional on Guenther returning to the WHL. Kinda seems like nobody is sure what he’ll do, could stay in the NHL or return to the WHL, thus the hedging.

Seattle will be nuts if he returns though! Hope the Yotes send him back. They’ve already added Lambert and Dach to a powerhouse team, plus Nolan Allan not that long ago, adding Guenther too, god damn!

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Worth noting - every pick but the 2024 4th is conditional on Guenther returning to the WHL. Kinda seems like nobody is sure what he’ll do, could stay in the NHL or return to the WHL, thus the hedging.

Seattle will be nuts if he returns though! Hope the Yotes send him back. They’ve already added Lambert and Dach to a powerhouse team, plus Nolan Allan not that long ago, adding Guenther too, god damn!

Prokop, Crnkovic, they are so stacked.

Seattle has a knack for convincing players to commit. When they acquired Lambert's rights I thought they didn't have a snowballs' chance in hell to get him, but here we are.

Maybe because both Clarke and Wright got sent back, Seattle thinks NHL teams are likely to kids back to junior?

Reactions: ponder

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
I think that the kid should be sent back to a really good Seattle team. Let him play on a winner and have a great shot at winning a mem cup.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Team is absolutely stacked. TBirds have 5 1st round NHL picks on their team, compared to the Vegas Golden Knights, who have 6, lol. Not to mention the 4 other drafted players, this team is simply outlandish when fully healthy. Great time to be fan of the WHL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Team is absolutely stacked. TBirds have 5 1st round NHL picks on their team, compared to the Vegas Golden Knights, who have 6, lol. Not to mention the 4 other drafted players, this team is simply outlandish when fully healthy. Great time to be fan of the WHL.
And to top it off they have 2 goalies that could easily be a #1 in the league for any team.

Scott Ratzlaf will potentially be a 2nd round pick in 2023 and also Canada WJC starting goalie Thomas Milic is there too

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
This has got to be the most loaded WHL team...ever. Imagine if they get Celebrini? LOL
So naturally they'll lose out in 7 games to Kamloops in the conference finals. Really though, this is a truly impressive and stacked roster. Look out!

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
So naturally they'll lose out in 7 games to Kamloops in the conference finals. Really though, this is a truly impressive and stacked roster. Look out!

You can have an insanely stacked roster, but you only have five out there at a time. The Tbirds made it to the Championship last year, beating out arguably much more talented teams in the process.

Reactions: hn777

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Not to mention...
2nd rounder Dach(CHI),
3rd rounder Gustafsson(VGK)
3rd rounder Prokop(NSH)
5th rounder Davidson(MTL)
6th rounder Ciona(CGY)

And soon to be potential pretty high picks in 2023 draft... Scott Ratzlaf, Gracyn Sawchyn, Nico Myatovic and possibly Thomas Milic too

Also undrafted top 5 point getter from last season acquisition from Saskatoon Kyle Crnkovic ain't no slouch either lol

It's unbelievable to think that atleast a few of those players all mentioned will be on the ice at all times every game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad