F Dominik Simon (2015, 137th, PIT)

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
CIhaCDiXAAAbUAZ.png

19 points in 18 AHL games this season for Dominik Simon. The 21 year old was picked 137th overall last June by the Penguins.

Not bad at all for a rookie. So far looks good for Penguins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I hope he gets called up soon. I think if he gets the chance he won't dissapoint.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
Dominik Simon scored two goals today, giving him 9 goals on the season.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
I know it's tough to predict, but is he a legitimate NHL talent?
What is his NHL potential (2nd line)? How early might we see him in a Pittsburgh jersey?
Looking to be a really great steal in last year's 5th round

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Most underrated prospect in the league , the guy is dominating in the AHL as a rookie

Seems to be happening with a lot of rookies that come over from Europe. Nylander, Pastrnak, Rantanen, Kempe, Arvidsson and now Simon.

Maybe the AHL isn't as good as everyone thinks it is.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Seems to be happening with a lot of rookies that come over from Europe. Nylander, Pastrnak, Rantanen, Kempe, Arvidsson and now Simon.

Maybe the AHL isn't as good as everyone thinks it is.

Well, maybe the players you mentioned are just really good, huh?

I mean out of those 6 players, there are 4 first rounders (and 2 TOP10 players).. do you expect anything else of them?

Plus these guys are benefiting here from playing with men already before...

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Most underrated prospect in the league , the guy is dominating in the AHL as a rookie

Well, it's not like he's 19 years old in AHL with big numbers. He's already 21 and well experienced from top Czech league (2 full seasons, playing big role on his team against men).

Then he was selected for home World Championship and that is pretty big achievement over here. Some people thought that he will be on bubble or possibly not even make it through the camp but he surprised a lot of people. He was playing prominent role on Czech team, contributed in both ways, offensively and defensively. He was really great and held his own against stacked team like Canada, for example.

Yes, he has exceeded my expectations so far this season but overall I am not really surprised. He has great work ethic, talent. Don't get me wrong, I wish him the best, and it was great pick by the Pens. Hopefully he will get call up to the NHL soon. He definitely deserves it. And I believe he has the talent to succeed in NHL, depends on which role...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dominic Simon had his NHL debut today, picking up an assist on Cullen's GWG. He looked very solid out there today, I think that pick could end up a steal pretty easily. He's already produced more than probably 75% of the 5th round picks from that draft :laugh:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Dominic Simon had his NHL debut today, picking up an assist on Cullen's GWG. He looked very solid out there today, I think that pick could end up a steal pretty easily. He's already produced more than probably 75% of the 5th round picks from that draft :laugh:

He looked good throughout the game but that "assist" was a scorer's gift.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
First game against Toronto 0+2 . Against AVS stared 3rd line with Sheahan and Hörnqvist, then moved top line with Sid and Jake. Highlight deke and pass to Sid

Reactions: Voodoozz

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
Simon played last night top line with Sid and Guentzel.

Here is nice play by Simon after he failed to pull the trigger on a shot set up by Crosby. Dumoulin gets the puck at the side of the net. Fleury robs him with a diving save

Peeps

May 24, 2017
I agree with that! It's been fun watching him since he's been drafted.

Hope he can stay on that line as the complement to Sid and jake.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm still taking a wait and see approach with Simon, he has been too night and day for me to have any strong feelings about him. He hasn't been used well overall on the year, based on him ranging from 4:19 a night to 19:12 a night, so I think it's hard to gauge where he is currently. He has had some really great games recently, but also was horrible in multiple games at the start of the year.

The thing that I'm happy about is that he's under contract for another year beyond this year at $750k, so they have 2 more years to find out what he actually is.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He obviously deserves it and it worked out last night, but...

He’s just always appeared to me to be an absolutely atrocious finisher. I swear, having watched upwards of 60 Pens games last year, I lost track of the glorious chances he failed to convert on. That’s why it would be ideal to move his drive to succeed to Sprong.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I love Dominik Simon's game. This year he has gotten a lot strong on the Puck and his balance. Pretty decent defensive game and does have some hands. He has the potential to be a good top 6 forward

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I love Dominik Simon's game. This year he has gotten a lot strong on the Puck and his balance. Pretty decent defensive game and does have some hands. He has the potential to be a good top 6 forward

The thing for me is his hockey IQ. It 's right up there. And, he's really developing, you can see a constant improvement in his play from a year ago, two years ago, even over the course of this season. He's a real coaches player, can play up and down the line-up, and has the speed and skill to play with Crosby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad