F Danila Yurov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2022, 24th, MIN)

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Rantanen lite. Long, lanky, versatile and can play C or W. Kid isn’t getting enough attention for what he is doing this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems to me he can play in the NHL next year, no? Guerin would mumble something about him having to earn it, and having to "play the right way", but hopefully someone forces him to take a look at what is going on and get him over ASAP.

It's not unheard of for players to be in the NHL in their D+2 year, especially if they have no skating or size worries.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Signing his ELC with a loan for next season would be ideal in my opinion. Let him continue to grow in the KHL and then he has the opportunity to come over after his KHL season is complete.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Similar numbers at the same age as Kaprizov
Yes but Kaprizov's 17, 18, and 19 year old seasons were more productive, by a large amount. Don't know if that is in part due to Yurov getting less opportunity in the K the last couple seasons because of a deeper roster and/or Metallurg burying him (as they thought he'd leave for North America soon, thus no incentive to develop him). His growth this year is definitely encouraging.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Yes but Kaprizov's 17, 18, and 19 year old seasons were more productive, by a large amount. Don't know if that is in part due to Yurov getting less opportunity in the K the last couple seasons because of a deeper roster and/or Metallurg burying him (as they thought he'd leave for North America soon, thus no incentive to develop him). His growth this year is definitely encouraging.
They def buried Yurov. Wasn’t he averaging something crazy like 1-6 minutes a game for a stretch?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if the holdup on Yurov's contractual status for next year is because the Wild are not clear on what direction they want to go with him, and Yurov is waiting for them to make up their minds. If the Wild's season gets back on track and they make the playoffs with the current roster then i suspect that they will be fine with him playing in the KHL next season, and bringing him over in the late spring of 2025, or in the 25-26 season.

If, however, MN continues to be a lottery team, they might decide to blow things up (as much as possible), and bring over Yurov ASAP to get on the NHL roster, or at least in the Wild system.

Third option, of course, is that MN has nothing to do with the decision process at this point, and MM and Yurov are quibbling over terms, and more likely, length of the contract. I'm sure MM would like a 2-3 year deal, while (guessing here), Yurov would just want a one year deal.

Reactions: wetcoast

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
My hope is Kaprizov is talking to Yurov and encouraging him to get his ass over here after the KHL season ends.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
My hope is Kaprizov is talking to Yurov and encouraging him to get his ass over here after the KHL season ends.

Given he's still not signed the contract, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of talks between his camp and both teams. Maybe Guerin has got out of hibernation and started some activity or even hard activity to get the kid to NHL as soon as possible.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
This was in my feed because of Grebyonkin but it seems like they might be preparing for both young guys to leave soon

I think the translation here is misleading, as the original is "Я не против, чтобы они уезжали", which is more like "I don't mind if they will be leaving", which is much less certain than this translation in the tweet.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, and also hope that Kap is telling Guerin, "Get Yurov over here, pronto, or I'm not re-upping."

Given he's still not signed the contract, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of talks between his camp and both teams. Maybe Guerin has stopped drinking and started some activity or even hard activity to get the kid to NHL as soon as possible.
Fixed that for you.

• Haha
Reactions: slumpy43 and MNRube

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
1+2 today, 18+23 after 51 games overall. 6+9 in the last 13 games.
It's actually 24 assists, according to the KHL website.

For those who watch the games, Is Yurov the best player on the team, one out of a few, or a guy who has inflated numbers because he plays on such a good team?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's actually 24 assists, according to the KHL website.

For those who watch the games, Is Yurov the best player on the team, one out of a few, or a guy who has inflated numbers because he plays on such a good team?
I don't watch, but him having a 7 point lead on 2nd place and a 9 point lead on 3rd place with 4 fewer games played would be evidence of the former.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad