F Daniil Gutik - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2019 undrafted)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was gonna do this the other day. Was a real beast for Russia in the Hlinka. His puck control is beautiful. He really knows how to protect the puck in traffic. Playmaking was off the charts good.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
IMO similar skillset to a Semin in his prime. Hes my favorite prospect from the Russians this year. Him and Podkolzin also have great chemistry together.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This guy was amazing in my Franchise Hockey Manager 4 game, got drafted in the CHL and tore the league to shreds. Suprised that CHL teams did not look at him for the import draft.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I haven’t voiced my praise of this kid much yet, and I was going to make a thread a while ago, but never got around to it. Fantastic playmaking talent off of the wing, like top 6 playmaking potential. I expect a great rise from Gutik who had an underrated tournament.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Production hasn't been as I would expect stats aren't everything though , how was he looked?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seems to be projected in the 60-70's range from handful of sources. Production seems low. Anyone know about him

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seems to be projected in the 60-70's range from handful of sources. Production seems low. Anyone know about him

Some players on the Loko junior teams sometimes have lower numbers than most would think they should. It often has to do with playing a smaller role. Gutik only played 12 minutes per game with Loko's MHL team. It's similar to what happened with Podkolzin this season at SKA.

Gutik has really good skill and playmaking ability, but his skating isn't very good, he plays a perimeter style and his motor has been questioned. There are some similarities to Kaliyev in draft profile, but not as proven and not as good of a goal-scorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: PG Canuck

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't understand how he didn't get picked.. He was one of the best players at the Hlinka, he's got an impressive physical package while having tools and great playmaking.. he surely has more upside than a lot of guys selected.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I didn't like my viewing of him, looked slow, didn't compete hard out there, didn't surprise he fell, he was still my best undrafted because of the raw tools for his size factoring his later birth date, strong puck skills and IQ. His MHL stats aren't great but he got buried on that team, he did well in international competitions.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Went undrafted this time.

Unless there is something I don't know about Gutik like an atrocious attitude or he has a big, giant tattoo on his back that says "I will never play in North America...EVER", I'm going to say that this was a mistake.

I think a talented kid like that, you take a late-round flyer on, just based on the skillset and you secure his rights. I realize that he's a 'boom or bust' type of prospect but not even a 7th round pick? Really??

He was one of the youngest players available being born on August 31st. I think this is going to be another Fagemo situation. (not the same type of player but in the sense that he's a talented player who went undrafted but should have been picked at some point)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Unless there is something I don't know about Gutik like an atrocious attitude or he has a big, giant tattoo on his back that says "I will never play in North America...EVER", I'm going to say that this was a mistake.

I think a talented kid like that, you take a late-round flyer on, just based on the skillset and you secure his rights. I realize that he's a 'boom or bust' type of prospect but not even a 7th round pick? Really??

He was one of the youngest players available being born on August 31st. I think this is going to be another Fagemo situation. (not the same type of player but in the sense that he's a talented player who went undrafted but should have been picked at some point)

He is not the hardest worker, not the best decision maker, not a good skater. On the other hand he has great hands, frame and good creativity. So yeah, 7th round would be logical just in case he gets his brains fixed, but he didn't arrive at the Combine for some reason, so likely that was the last drop.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He is not the hardest worker, not the best decision maker, not a good skater. On the other hand he has great hands, frame and good creativity. So yeah, 7th round would be logical just in case he gets his brains fixed, but he didn't arrive at the Combine for some reason, so likely that was the last drop.

I guess we'll see what kind of drive he has. If he's insulted not to have been selected and passed over, then I think we can expect a big season from a motivated, talented player. If not, I'll guess he'll be a KHLer.

ms35

Mar 7, 2018
I love all Russian players ... if this guy escapes from the brutal competition in the MHL, and he really has to fight for a place in the Yaroslavl Loko ... so, if he escapes from the fight, he will disappear and put an end to his career. CHL is an indisputable challenge that will make him wear out ... but I don’t believe that by running from one fight you can win in another ... good luck to Daniel anyway, but the decision is very difficult ... God help him ...

Reactions: RonTugnutt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad