F Daniil Gutik - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2019 undrafted)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seems to finally put it together at the MHL level at least, ppg pace right now with Dynamo . Hopefully he can develop well and still reach the promising potential he showed a few years ago

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's too good for the MHL at this point, no point playing there he should be in the VHL/KHL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's too good for the MHL at this point, no point playing there he should be in the VHL/KHL
Admiral's VHL affiliate is 7000 km away, therein lies the problem. Them sending someone to the VHL means the player isn't playing in the KHL anytime soon.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Admiral's VHL affiliate is 7000 km away, therein lies the problem. Them sending someone to the VHL means the player isn't playing in the KHL anytime soon.

They should have kept him in the VHL for at least 80 % of the season if not the whole season then. KHL the season after if he's good enough. Also you'd think some of these KHL teams could find better/closer affiliate options

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They should have kept him in the VHL for at least 80 % of the season if not the whole season then. KHL the season after if he's good enough. Also you'd think some of these KHL teams could find better/closer affiliate options
The closest VHL team to the East coast teams is in Angarsk ~3000 km away so I guess it doesn't make much of a practical difference. And from the player's perspective, I would sure rather be sent to Tambov than Angarsk.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He'll be 22 this summer and yet to play a full-time role in the KHL - even with Admiral.

Are there any extenuating factors that suggest he can still play in the NHL one day?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
10 points in 8 games.

This dude was talked up as a first rounder at one point and then he never got drafted.

Contract up at the end of the season. If he keeps this up, he’ll have plenty of NHL interest.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
10 points in 8 games.

This dude was talked up as a first rounder at one point and then he never got drafted.

Contract up at the end of the season. If he keeps this up, he’ll have plenty of NHL interest.
He plays for a team that looks like it will be a bottom feeder this year, they have been seriously hurt by
a)new foreign limit
b)wrong selection of foreigners

So, his numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Do you think there is any chance he could be an NHLer?

To me he always had skill but lacked something... can't say what, because didn't watch him a lot. If he gets what he lacked at last, then why not, his frame is like Myers, but forward. They will call him giraffe, hopefully not chaos...

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He has amazing hands and apparently the issues that were there with his attitude and/or hockey sense are fixed now, but if that would be enough, I'm not sure... still there could be a chance if he continues that way.
Was hoping I'd discovered the next kaprizov. :P

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Even Kaprizov was drafted, so not like he had to be discovered among the undrafted KHL pool, from these type of players Yaroslav Likhachyov seems to be the most promising one at this point.
Someone in my league already has him :(

I got zub and barabanov a few years ago. Hoping dronov crosses the pond at some point.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Someone in my league already has him :(

I got zub and barabanov a few years ago. Hoping dronov crosses the pond at some point.
Dronov is looking good so far this season, so he might give it another try next summer, also among the undrafted Ds Sergei Telegin looks interesting, but he is contracted until 2025.

Reactions: EXTRAS

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Dronov is looking good so far this season, so he might give it another try next summer, also among the undrafted Ds Sergei Telegin looks interesting, but he is contracted until 2025.
I have no problem with long contracts. 1 point in 10 games is kinda scary though haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad