F Daniil Gushchin (2020, 76th, SJS)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
O
I feel like he's been completely overlooled when discussing Sharks prospects or even prospects in general who could boom.
On his draft year, there was some talks he could be a late 1st / early 2nd if only he was a little bit taller. The issue with him always was, can he keep doing what he do in the offensive zone against men and bigger opponents? And ever since, he did exactly that every time.

Scott Wheeler also wrote about him back in 2021, saying he's very hard working and driven by the details.

In his last two seasons in Muskegon, he scored more goals (four) while shorthanded than on the power play (three).

I've been saying he's a bit like Cole Caufield for a while now and I still see it; a poor-man one but still.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
O

On his draft year, there was some talks he could be a late 1st / early 2nd if only he was a little bit taller. The issue with him always was, can he keep doing what he do in the offensive zone against men and bigger opponents? And ever since, he did exactly that every time.

Scott Wheeler also wrote about him back in 2021, saying he's very hard working and driven by the details.

In his last two seasons in Muskegon, he scored more goals (four) while shorthanded than on the power play (three).

I've been saying he's a bit like Cole Caufield for a while now and I still see it; a poor-man one but still.
The NHL is a different beast, though.

A very small percentage of small high-skill players make the league, but those who do are generally game-breaking talents. I don't think that is Gushchin.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad