F Bruno Idzan - HV71 J18, J18 Region (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I had thought this would have been made after his showing yesterday haha.

Was really impressed with his game for Croatia yesterday in the D2B WJC - was flying out there - clearly a step above the rest. I was shocked he wasn’t draft eligible until 2024. I guess there was good reason HV71 took notice.

Here is his EP page for those interested In exploring more.

Reactions: crobro

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
He actually seems like a bettter prospect than Rendulic was at the time.

Getting him to Canada to play a couple years of major junior seems like the obvious thing to further his development but I could be wrong,he skated like the wind,confident and poised,puck always seems to find his stick,

Really Loki g to see more in the next game

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Getting him to Canada to play a couple years of major junior seems like the obvious thing to further his development
I'm not against it but considering he has landed at HV71 already that's not really something I would be worried about at all. Last season playing for some Swedish village team might have been a bit more unorthodox but at this point he is on a pretty streamline path.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I'm not against it but considering he has landed at HV71 already that's not really something I would be worried about at all. Last season playing for some Swedish village team might have been a bit more unorthodox but at this point he is on a pretty streamline path.
Agreed - Sweden is the place to go for kids of smaller nations that aspire to continue their development against better competition.

It works a hell of a lot better than if the kids come to the CHL - it’s only until after a player is drafted do I think for the most part coming to play in the CHL is the best option.

Reactions: wetcoast and crobro

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
He actually seems like a bettter prospect than Rendulic was at the time.

Getting him to Canada to play a couple years of major junior seems like the obvious thing to further his development but I could be wrong,he skated like the wind,confident and poised,puck always seems to find his stick,

Really Loki g to see more in the next game
Hmm...now that's debatable. If you look only at the name of the club at the age of 16, then yes, we will all agree that HV71 is stronger than Assat, but, let's not forget that Rendulić had 23 points in 15 games at national team U20 Division 1 level in the games against likes of Denmark, Italy, Belarus, Norway, Kazahstan, Slovenia, France, Austria. On this level (Division 2) Rendulić had 10 points in 5 games at the age of 15 (year younger than Idžan). He didn't look to me as dominate as Rendulić was in the same age....but then again, it is just me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hmm...now that's debatable. If you look only at the name of the club at the age of 16, then yes, we will all agree that HV71 is stronger than Assat
Even that is a little debatable since at this point HV are returning from Allsvenskan while Assat became Finnish champions with home-grown guys like Raanta, Armia, Savinainen, Joensuu on the roster during Rendulic's time there.

All that said, in this case, it doesn't matter what club is Idzan signed with, what matters is how well he plays for it. International performance would point towards him being a step behind guys like Rendulic. You mentioned Borna scoring 10 points in 5 games at 15 in D2, I can throw in Tadas Kumeliauskas scoring exactly the same there a few weeks after turning 16. So there is a fairly consistent pattern.

At least in terms of scoring ability, Idzan is behind them at this point. He is 16 so nothing is written in stone but realistically he has a lot of ground to make up to become as good as Rendulic.

Reactions: filip85

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
After 5 games he has 9 points (4+5). I assume if he continues at this pace he could get game or two with their J20 team !?

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
How’s croatias under 20 team coming together for this years world juniors

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Would be interesting to see him play in J20 more, J18 stats can really be interpreted any way you want, a bit of a crapshoot. On one hand, they seem fine, on the other, he is tied for 50th in PPG.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Would be interesting to see him play in J20 more, J18 stats can really be interpreted any way you want, a bit of a crapshoot. On one hand, they seem fine, on the other, he is tied for 50th in PPG.
And here we go...yesterday he made his U20 debut against Oskarhamann and scored his first goal. His goal tied the game at 1:1.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Another game in J20 for him. In today's win over Malmo he scored and added an assist. After 2 games in J20 he is 2+1.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
This past weekend in the back to back games against Rogle, he was 2+1. So far in four J20 games he is 4+2.

Videos are from first game against Rogle, where he had 1+1. Goal in other game was EN.

Assist

Goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad