F Brannon McManus - Shattuck St. Mary's, USHS (2017 Draft)

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
That's what I found:

6. 99 F Brannon McManus - SSM U14 – 5’9 – 154

Committed to Minnesota, 4/27/2014

The most prolific goal-scorer of the 1999s as it stands right now and that’s not likely to change, so he could be the most highly regarded player of the group when all is said and done. Seems to find the twine on most chances and that’s due to a seriously refined scoring touch, with prolific, quick hands that get the job done more often than not. Kills it on the wing, but wins draws down the middle and can conduit the play up ice with vision. Slippery and sharp, defines dangerous around the crease. 60 goals in 56 games, with a 30% shooting percentage, but just 8 penalty minutes and 44 assists are telling, positive signs as well.

http://overtheboards.net/1999-prospects-first-recruits/

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
going to bump this bad dog as Brannon is a potential top 10 pick for the 2017 draft with absolutely no talk about him. three to four years younger than most of the top players on his team he has taken a top offensive role for Omaha and has produced since the season started.

big fan of Brannon and have come away impressed with his shot and grit for such a highly skilled player. big things ahead for the Gopher recruit...though Portland is getting ready for the assault to land him.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
going to bump this bad dog as Brannon is a potential top 10 pick for the 2017 draft with absolutely no talk about him. three to four years younger than most of the top players on his team he has taken a top offensive role for Omaha and has produced since the season started.

big fan of Brannon and have come away impressed with his shot and grit for such a highly skilled player. big things ahead for the Gopher recruit...though Portland is getting ready for the assault to land him.

Good call. Brannon was 24th on a November DraftBuzz 2017 NHL Draft Ranking and has done nothing but improve that position.

He looks much more filled out, and stronger than when I saw him in the fall. Previously you saw his skill in open ice, but now he's sticking with his high end plays closer to traffic and resistance.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Why isn't he permandtly on NTDP u17s? Also why wasn't he on the Prep team at SSMs last year with Reedy and Mismash?

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
calling it now - He will be next years Kyle Connor - player that light up the league only to never get the respect warranted...then year after the draft everyone goes how the hell did he not go higher..:laugh:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Connor put up 31-43-74 his junior year. McManus put up 17-22-39.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Connor was 16 when he entered the USHL - in 2012-13 he put up 17-24-41

Brannon was 16 when he entered the USHL - in 2015-16 he put up 17-22-39

that's how I look at it.

I would look at it as season before draft year, but that's just me.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I would look at it as season before draft year, but that's just me.
In a league where entrance is determined by a January 1st cut-off, I'd weight birth year more heavily than draft year, especially when in the case of McManus they are near within 2 months of the cutoff date for the draft.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
In a league where entrance is determined by a January 1st cut-off, I'd weight birth year more heavily than draft year, especially when in the case of McManus they are near within 2 months of the cutoff date for the draft.

He's an 11th grader though so I compare him to 11th graders. I know that's different in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad