F Amir Garayev - HC Sochi, KHL (2019 undrafted)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Garayev has very impressive numbers in the MHL, 25 goals and 59 points in 64 games on a bad team, leads the team in scoring by 13 points. It seems odd to me that he's gotten no recognition. I can't seem to find so much as a highlight video or scouting report.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Garayev is an ultra-perimeter player. He probably plays inside the dots once every 5 games. His passing and playmaking is decent but nothing special, his shooting is mediocre. But generally he just hangs along the half-board, he's super easy to push off the puck at the MHL level and struggles when pressured. Seems like a career big-ice player.

Good skater though

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Any update on him this pre-season?

Added size, strength, willingness to compete in tighter spaces?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Another fast start for Sochi. Any chance he receives interest as a UFA once the season ends and his contract expires?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another fast start for Sochi. Any chance he receives interest as a UFA once the season ends and his contract expires?

Garayev isn't an NHL calibre player. If you can argue that Tyanulin could be a solid 3rd liner in NHL, Garayev isn't good enough even for a 3rd line. And he's small and not physical enough for a 4th line.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Garayev isn't an NHL calibre player. If you can argue that Tyanulin could be a solid 3rd liner in NHL, Garayev isn't good enough even for a 3rd line. And he's small and not physical enough for a 4th line.

Figured that to be the case. Couldn't see him playing a two-way role. And I'm guessing you don't see him have the offensive skills that would merit a role higher in the lineup.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Contract up with Sochi. Any word on where he signs for next season? Stronger club in KHL? Elsewhere in Europe?

Averaged almost 17 minutes per game last season. Enough to move the needle any?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad