F Aito Iguchi - Saitama Warriors, Japan (2021 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Someone just made this thread a few seconds before you lol, this kid looks awesome, some real slick moves and nice passing plays too. I'd like to see what he could do against better competition though, those kids never heard the word defense

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Someone just made this thread a few seconds before you lol, this kid looks awesome, some real slick moves and nice passing plays too. I'd like to see what he could do against better competition though, those kids never heard the word defense

Definitely. Will be interesting to see if he makes the jump over to North America anytime soon.

Also, sweet av. Lights :yo:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Am I the only one that thinks little kids dangling is the cutest thing ever? They always look like they have giant heads due to equipment :laugh:

Seriously, great hands...but the kind of kid who will stagnate in his development unless he sees better competition soon. Would be great to see him come over and learn the flow of the game at a high level when he's a teen. Always love hockey developing around the world and having a talent like that can do it.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Glad to see the Hockey World expanding more and more. Another reason why it's important NHLer's take part in future Olympics. Growing the game Worldwide is a priority everyone in the Hockey World should have. Can you imagine one day the NHL draft consisting of top picks from China and Japan. That would be wonderful lol.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Robbie Schremp V2.0 if he doesn't come over to NA. Sky is the limit if he does.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
This has an 50% chance of getting infracted, but aren't Japanese known for growing up to a height of like 5'6 or 5'7 or something...that alone kills his chances in the NHL :laugh:

edit: its not even a stereotype like I thought, i looked it up and average height for male japanese: 5'731

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He already played in NA.

He & his team played in the Bell Capital Cup in Ottawa. He was 2nd in the tournament in scoring in the Major Atom AAA division and his team finished 6th (2-2-1)

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
It's funny, these kids who are flagged as youtube sensations seem to actually pan out as at least major junior or NCAA players, and often as some sort of NHL prospect. Admittedly small sample.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
normal.jpg

Been a long time since Japan has played at the Olympics, but with this kid and Yukata Fukufuji, I'm liking their chances for the 2022 games! lol

By the way, Teiji Honma in the photo was wearing a mask in 1936, way before Mr. Jacques Plante supposeably wore the ''first'' mask. And can not recall, but there is even one more before Mr. Honma that wore a mask, but just a little tidbit.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008

Silky mitts.

That kid is filthy. Not sure how quality youth developmental hockey is in Japan. Hopefully he can find chance to test his skills against higher tiered leagues and develop into the best player he can be.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
normal.jpg

Been a long time since Japan has played at the Olympics, but with this kid and Yukata Fukufuji, I'm liking their chances for the 2022 games! lol

By the way, Teiji Honma in the photo was wearing a mask in 1936, way before Mr. Jacques Plante supposeably wore the ''first'' mask. And can not recall, but there is even one more before Mr. Honma that wore a mask, but just a little tidbit.

Uh... Japan played in the '98 Olympics. They were the host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad