F Adam Liska - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2018 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
Adam Liska
Height : 180 cm / 5'11"
Weight : 83 kg / 184 lbs
Birthyear : 1999-10-14
Nationality : Slovakia
Club : Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
Draft Year: 2018
7666.jpg

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Solid frame, works hard, 200-foot responsible player. Needs to work a lot on his skating. Below average speed for the OHL, so needs to gain at least a couple steps to play at the AHL or NHL level. Character kid though with some good hands.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Seems like a good player, would anyone know where he projects as a talent in the draft? Will his all around skills outweigh his poor skating?

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
Not a bad skater, did you see him playing? It would only need more space on the ice to show up.

Last edited:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Hopefully that means he will get more PP time now and start to contribute offensively on a more regular basis.

Kitchener's coaches are extremely stubborn about doing the same things over and over regardless of whether or not it's working. I have felt for a while he should be getting more PP time. He is a solid body for the front of the net who is excellent at tips and rebounds. Meanwhile, they continue to run Damiani out on the 1st PP - who, despite being a great worker - is still young and easily bumped off the pucks and has neither the hands nor the shot to be effective on the PP.

Reactions: Hockey2314

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Lately it seems he has really adjusted to the speed of the OHL. And it's normal for a player coming over to take a while to sort it out but I think he'll be a real asset for the Rangers down the stretch. He has a lot of skill and it appears he is figuring out where he has to be and how quickly he has to get it away. Smart player. Very strong on the boards.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
Last 4 games Liska has 8 points 4+4.
And why he isn't as a rookie in OHL? Many players from Europe (Svechnikov, Zadina, Roman....) are rookies!?

Last edited:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Last 4 games Liska has 8 points 4+4.
And why he isn't as a rookie in OHL? Many players from Europe (Svechnikov, Zadina, Roman....) are rookies!?

I believe it's because the OHL defines rookies by birth year and you have to be in one of your first two birth years of league eligibility to be considered a rookie. So this year, it's 2000 and 2001 births. Liska is in his first year in the league, but being a 1999 birth, he is in his third year of eligibility to play in the OHL.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
I believe it's because the OHL defines rookies by birth year and you have to be in one of your first two birth years of league eligibility to be considered a rookie. So this year, it's 2000 and 2001 births. Liska is in his first year in the league, but being a 1999 birth, he is in his third year of eligibility to play in the OHL.
Ok thanks. But Zadina, Safin, Hrehorcak (QMJHL) and Roman, Reichel (WHL) and many others 1999 born are rookies. Reichel is 1998 as a rookie.
I don't understand....
Is it in OHL only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad