Signing(s): Ezekiel Elliott signs with the Patriots (1 year, $6 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jeez did this guy look out of shape the last couple of seasons.
Up to $6 mill, thus a lot of incentives. Which is what was expected.

I don't know if I'm Jacobs that I want to play around with the tag at this point. White only got like 43 yards on 13 carries, so like under 3.5 per attempt. But, the market likely isn't good to be a free agent RB at this late point in time.

Odds of him doing better than the $10.1 mill tag? Maybe on an Incentive based deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s an excellent blocker and knows how to pick up a blitz. I don’t think they signed him just for his running ability.
Hard for him to hit incentives if he's a pass protector and not getting the rock enough times in a game. He got paid and was a top pick, so he's probably the most well compensated RB over the past decade in the NFL. Now, most RB's will be lucky to make half of what he's made in his career which is $70.6 mill.

So, $35mill is half. Jacobs is at $12 mill so far. Would need to play on both tags in 2023 and 2024 to get another $22.2 million to get close to half of Zeke and that may just be about it for him. Harris of Pitt will be at $13 mill when he is done his rookie deal. Pitt will likely apply the 5th year option on him next off season at around $9 mill give or take.

Reactions: Elvis P

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Thought this might happen given how poorly the RB's have looked.

Stevenson is a stud but there is no depth behind him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s an excellent blocker and knows how to pick up a blitz. I don’t think they signed him just for his running ability.
Just don’t put him at center.

Dallas hosts New England this year.

Reactions: fin8

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Fatty Zeke on the first stop of his retirement tour.

He's never going to be the same guy he was in Dallas.

Short yardage back and pass pro guy. That's it.

Pats gonna be treading water again this year, might even finish last in AFC East.

Without even checking for his ranking in that department
Im guessing that is garbage??

Because for fantasy throughout last season I just remember the top guys like Jacobs and chubb are around 5. I believe even Pollard was around 5.
I always though 4.0 was the threshold because effective and ineffective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad