Extending the 8 hour clock past Round 14

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I say lets keep the 8 hour clock. This draft is going by very fast so no need to rush it. I feel like I'm learning a ton from this draft with all the different conversations going on. I dont have much time to post but I enjoy coming home from work and going through usually about 2-3 pages of good ATD talk

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I say lets keep the 8 hour clock. This draft is going by very fast so no need to rush it. I feel like I'm learning a ton from this draft with all the different conversations going on. I dont have much time to post but I enjoy coming home from work and going through usually about 2-3 pages of good ATD talk

Voted no.

It's not that this one is goin by fast...just that last year took a ridiculous amount of time.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Voted no.

It's not that this one is goin by fast...just that last year took a ridiculous amount of time.

Last year took a ridiculous amount of time, but this is the fastest draft I've been a part of and it isn't particularly close. Traditionally, we have stayed on a 10 hour clock until round 8, this time we did only until round 6. Also, GMs have been a lot better about not using up their clocks than usual.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Actually, why do you vote? It's not like there is a difference for you since you aren't participating.

you just answered the question (that you posted in the wrong thread).

I don't have a vested interest, so my vote can probably be trusted more than someone else's who does have a vested interest.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
what does trust has to do with such a vote? :laugh:

You can all trust me , I want the draft to keep moving quick and I hate waiting.There you go , you know my real intentions.

Last edited:

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
you just answered the question (that you posted in the wrong thread).

I don't have a vested interest, so my vote can probably be trusted more than someone else's who does have a vested interest.

Umm, no, it doesn't make sence for me. This question is directed to people who have vested interest. This the case where subjective opinion was asked - or do you want to say as a person not taking part in the draft you know better about my timemanagement, and when I want this draft to end and lineup assassination to start?

It's not like we discussing Hainsworth vs Gardiner or something like this.

Elvis P

Truth is the first casualty
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Umm, no, it doesn't make sence for me. This question is directed to people who have vested interest. This the case where subjective opinion was asked - or do you want to say as a person not taking part in the draft you know better about my timemanagement, and when I want this draft to end and lineup assassination to start? It's not like we discussing Hainsworth vs Gardiner or something like this.
If 70s helps with vote counting for example, it affects him also. :)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
yeah none-gms should'nt have a vote on that matter , it will only affect people who are participating therefore should only be decided by them.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Umm, no, it doesn't make sence for me. This question is directed to people who have vested interest. This the case where subjective opinion was asked - or do you want to say as a person not taking part in the draft you know better about my timemanagement, and when I want this draft to end and lineup assassination to start?

It's not like we discussing Hainsworth vs Gardiner or something like this.

let me backtrack here. I thought you were talking about voting on standings.

I voted on what I would prefer. I would expect those in charge of the draft will determine whether my vote counts. Last time there was an on-the-fly rule change, my vote did not count. I'm fine with that.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Since seventieslord doesn't count, we are currently at 9-7 against extending the 8 hour clock past this round. If you don't vote in the poll, your vote doesn't count. If you don't care, don't vote.

I think this one should just go by the majority of those who care enough to vote - this isn't like adding an additional penalty with the other rule, and I assume a lot of GMs just don't care about this one.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It doesn't matter what way we go to me but I did vote no. It was planned on being 6 hours from the start, why stop that now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad