Extend Mike Santorelli!!

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
This guy has been a complete beast for us! First off hes an extremely hard worker, thats always a good start. His edge work and cuts in the corners are phenominal and whatever line hes on always seems to have the puck deep due to his amazing evasiveness in the corners combined with his tenacious forechecking always pinning his man to the boards. Not to mention his great combo of raw speed and skill.

Im honestly not sure how we signed him to this steal of a deal, but if we can give him a deal similar to what Raymond got in Calgary i would be very pleased. In my opinion hes a good 2nd liner and if we can get him in the 3-4 mil range its a good pickup.

Hes also a great character guy and good 2 way player who IMO is a leader on this team already.

Sign him up Shannanonis!

-I also think we should bring Winnik back but at a cheaper price tag.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I friggin' love Santo.

Him and Winnik were great "bargain big" pickups. I'd take them both back in a heartbeat (obviously depending on price).

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I'm all for tanking, but I still hope that we extend him. Great work ethic, with a nice blend of skill. Just a phenomenal player. Great role model for younger players.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
To think Bolland got a deal upwards of 5 million a season, and Kulemin got a 4+ million contract, I think Santorelli has played better than both.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sadly Santorelli is the guy we should trade at the TDL even if we are making the POs because we can't afford him for one and secondly we can't contend for the cup

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'd like to keep him, But I'm worried that he's going to ask for quite a bit. Not a banner crop of UFAs this year either.

If we could keep him at under $4m it would be a nice signing.

hockeyfanz*

Sadly Santorelli is the guy we should trade at the TDL even if we are making the POs because we can't afford him for one and secondly we can't contend for the cup

You are probably right. But he is a nice find. My favorite add along with Komorov. They both play with the tenacity and grit that it takes to win. Very good bottom 6 players.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
We have to learn to walk away from players who ask for too much. Letting Bolland walk was a step in the right direction. Santa, Winnik, and Franson should all be welcomed back, but only at the bottom end of fair market value. We have to accept that contracts like Clarkson's and Lupul's on our 3rd line will hold us back from ever landing a top pairing D or first line Center capwise (I know its not likely) if we pay to much for depth. Santa under 2.5, Winnik under 1.75 and Franson under 4 and they are welcome to stay in my books. All seem unlikely with this UFA crop though. I wouldn't mind moving Lupul if it keeps both forwards though.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You are probably right. But he is a nice find. My favorite add along with Komorov. They both play with the tenacity and grit that it takes to win. Very good bottom 6 players.

If only they could make things right and eliminate the Clarkson contract. They may actually be able to work out a reasonable team with that. One they could try and stretch into a contending team through trades.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Unfortunately, the Leafs probably won't have the cap room to extend him. On the other hand, finding these quality bargain UFAs is just about the one thing Nonis is actually good at, so he could be replaced in the summer if he walks. McClement + Raymond worked out roughly as well as Winnik + Santa so far.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Unfortunately, the Leafs probably won't have the cap room to extend him. On the other hand, finding these quality bargain UFAs is just about the one thing Nonis is actually good at, so he could be replaced in the summer if he walks. McClement + Raymond worked out roughly as well as Winnik + Santa so far.

Im gonna have to disagree... I think Winnik is much better 5 on 5 then Mcclement. And Santorelli is like a gritty version of Raymond who plays a much simpler game and is better at cycling where as Raymond would just skate it around the outsides and rag it.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
3 years, 9 million

I would love that contract... I just hope we do it soon because hes establishing himself as a top six player whos great with Kadri.. And i think they will continue to produce together. Sign him up before he earns himself a 4.5-5.5 mil contract!

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Some of his trades are pretty good as well. But the pro scouts deserve a bit love as well

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He's like a superior MayRay. He is actually useful when not scoring. Love the kid! Him and Winnik have been huge and it looks like Booth is pretty damn good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad